View Single Post
Unread 02-10-2008, 09:58 PM
The Wary
Interface Author - Click to view interfaces

For Photoshop 7:

Open an image then open the Action window.

Make a new Action, It will now start recording all the changes you make to the image. Hit stop (on the action window) when you are done, You can delete/move/etc... steps in the action like layers in an image. The Action window isn't a whole lot different than the Layer window, so if you can use layers you'll be able to figure out the Actions.

When you are ready to apply the action to a set of images go to File > Automate > Batch ...

• Select the action you just made
  • Set the Source dropdown to 'Folder'
  • Click the 'Choose' button to set the folder you want to process
  • For Destination you can do 'Save and Close' to overwrite the current images or set it to 'Folder' and save the changes as new files.
  • I would also recommend changing the Error box at the bottom to 'Log Errors to File', if you leave it on 'Stop for Errors' you'll click 'OK' then 'Continue' a LOT since there are many small files that some filters won't work on
  • Click 'OK' and take a quick bio break

- - - - - - - -
When I tried this using blending options in my action It tried to save all the images as .psd and a confirmation box poped up for each one. I got around it by putting two more steps in the action: Add new layer, Merge Visible Layers.

- - - - - - - -

It may also be a good idea to go in before the changes and separate different types of images to different folders. That way you can make a separate batch file for all the small buttons, the gui screens, and other misc items that you may want to edit manually.