View Single Post
Unread 04-27-2020, 12:30 AM
The Wary

Hail friends, and well met!

Hiya! I've playing MMOs for about 13 years, and LOTRO was my first and undying love. I currently have three main toons on Anor -- Minstrel, Burglar, and Lore-Master.

I created an account here a few days ago to express my appreciation for Adra's work on the excellent JRR Skins Collection, but you'll probably see me around here a bit more going forward. I've browsed this site and messed with various plugins and skins over the years, but I've only recently done anything "serious" with plugin coding and skin design.

I'm currently working on a comprehensive rework of the LOTRO interface using Adra's "JRR C" skin as a template/guide. (Adra, if you read this, thank you for all the helpful code-comments -- they've been a huge boon to my learning process )
My goals are to create a skin that will 1) make it easier for me (recently diagnosed with ADD) to navigate the interface quickly and efficiently without unnecessary distraction, 2) serve as a "dark mode" for LOTRO, and 3) drastically reduce the clutter and dead-space in the interface overall to make it more space-efficient on screens with resolutions of 1080p and lower.

Once I've completed those three objectives, I'd like make a variant of the skin designed for higher screen resolutions. I currently play on an HD monitor, but I've heard a lot of complaints from other players with 1440p/4k monitors...

If you're interested in working with me or if you feel you could add something to the project, I'd love to collaborate! Shoot me a PM -- or catch me in-game if you're on Anor! My handle is the name of my main character.