Thread: Threat Meter
View Single Post
Unread 10-02-2010, 01:38 AM
The Undying
Interface Author - Click to view interfaces

It always fascinates me - whenever talk of threat meters comes up there is always a huge argument. I can see the position on both sides of this, but fall firmly on the "No please" side - and for an odd reason.

I already find myself watching various meters - Cooldowns on skills, health, power, reactions etc. Give me another bar and I probably would hardly look at the game itself at all! That is why with my action bar plugins I like the ability to fade bars. I would love to be able to fade out even more, to give myself more of an immersive experience.

Tactically, threat is about gaining a feel for the fight and how it is going, and that is a skill. Right now without DPS meters and such the pressure to perform 'perfectly' is low - add these to the game and I feel it would ruin part of it for me.

And a personal hate? Those monsters that seem to aggro dump every five seconds and you have no way of keeping threat. I seem to remember the attack on Bree skirmish having that at the end. Damn irritating as the tank - makes me feel like a faliure!