Thread: Notepads
View Single Post
Unread 09-22-2010, 09:04 PM
The Undying
Interface Author - Click to view interfaces

Quote:
Originally Posted by Olenn
I wonder if you could detect the zoom level to place the bar. That way you would set the position of the bar and then the bar would move up or down in relation to how far in you zoomed. You could potential scale the bar to to give it some depth perception...this would only work on your toon obviously.

This is of course dependant on if the API can tell what the zoom level is.
Unfortunately not...but it is possible to tell if the user is scrolling their mouse wheel. Unfortunately again, this requires the pointer to be over a Lua-created element that is set to be MouseVisible. That in itself isn't that tough...however if the pointer is over something that is MouseVisible, that means it intercepts all mouse events, interfering with actually playing the game.

But yes, technically it's possible to kinda wing it, assume that the player is at the default zoom level (i.e. when they zone in) and adjust the size/height appropriately. However, if you start thinking about all the other variables besides zoom - like a camera that changes zoom on its own (due to being too close to something), or the user moving the camera at some other angle - then it's not likely to be even worth it at this point.

But that would be pretty cool to have access to player and camera position/orientation. I know one project I've been messing with that would definitely improve with that kind of information.

Lord of the Rings Online
75 Fourohfour | 75 Artemedis | 60 Whiskeytango Foxtrot | 50 Mistah Boombastic | 56 Appetizer | 25 Aggromi
61 Onepointtwentyone Gigawatts

World of Warcraft
90 Downlo 85 Gravetaxi 85 Ümad 85 Artemedis 85 Guthuros