View Single Post
Unread 11-17-2021, 02:52 PM
The Undying
Interface Author - Click to view interfaces

Quote:
Originally Posted by Hyoss
If you would not mind making your IRV available somewhere I would gladly use that, bugs are no problem and a zip or github link would be enough for me, no documentation needed either.

Also Gundabad mission maps would be an awesome start, I am actually trying to collect all possible mission maps regardless of area for a plugin idea I have. I know some of them have no map of their own when they are in the outside world presumeably.
IRV isn't likely to ever get updated unless I find myself with a huge amount of time with nothing better to do (I'd rather shave with a belt sander). FWIW, you can easily create your own map resource locator now that they fixed the client crash on non-image resources. Basically, you would create a simple plugin with a single window with a button for starting/stopping the scan, possibly a field for a start id and end id and a control for the image being tested. The scan is a simple loop from the first resource ID until either some limit or a user cancel (I would recommend running the loop in increments of a hundred or maybe a thousand in an update handler with each update starting from the value after the last value processed that way the client doesn't lock up and you will be able to click the button to cancel the scan. For each iteration of the scan loop you would:
set the stretchmode of the control to 0
use pcall to set the background of the control to the next resource ID
if the pcall was successful,
set the stretchmode of the control to 2
retrieve the control size (this will be the image size)
if the size is 1024x768, 800x600, 1600x1200,2400x1800, 3200x2400 or 4800x3600 then you have a map candidate, add it to your list of resources - not all candidates will actually be maps but the vast majority, like 95%, will be.

once your loop has reached it's end or you terminate it don't forget to save your list of resources.
Voilą, your very own map resource finder You'll be amazed at how fast it can process all of the images in the entire game. This can of course be easily altered to find resource candidates of any known dimension. If you are running the 32 bit client there is still a resource leak in the client and you may crash to desktop trying to process the entire client, so taking it in large chunks is generally best - the 64 bit client is much better, I have only crashed it once scanning for resources and that was when I tried flushing my resource library and rescanning from scratch all in one big scan.

Of course, getting the images is only half the fun. To be really useful, you now have to identify them all - or as many as possible - that way, when looking for a new map, you only need to be concerned with the ones that have no identity.

It will be much easier for you to write that simple plugin than to unravel IRV.

I found another interior today so I will be holding off at least another day to be sure I have seen the whole cycle of Gundabad missions. When I update MoorMap, I may add some exterior maps for mission areas similar to the maps I added for Laketown and Dale, etc. Basically, it's just a matter of finding the right terrain tiles, sometimes available in TerrainMap, sometimes on my junk zone in MapMaker then creating a single image for the area being displayed. The reason I would include them in MoorMap would be for users to create Overlays for the various missions to be used as guides, tutorials, etc. I just haven't figured out where they would fit in the map selection drop-down list.

Last edited by Garan : 11-17-2021 at 05:10 PM.