View Single Post
Unread 09-25-2010, 04:58 AM
The Undying
Interface Author - Click to view interfaces

Quote:
Originally Posted by MrJackdaw
Is this being promoted by Turbine? I personally prefer it as an external library used by all plugins - this way it reduces memory footprint.
Turbine hasn't said anything about that folder - at all. Anything they've said about the plugins in general has amounted to recommending them for people new to LotRO plugins as an example - and nothing more. So ultimately however its treated is up to the individual authors themselves.

The script in question, class.lua is a 1.5kb file, with a grand total of 35 lines of code, not counting comments or whitespace. I doubt even if someone had 50 plugins running - all from different authors that the memory footprint would be large enough to matter; especially when compared to the memory footprint of those 50 plugins themselves.

That being said, I have problems acknowledging that folder as a library. Beyond the class definition, very little in that folder is of any use to anybody - and the fact that it isn't automatically included, tells me that it's designed as more of a utility package for the example plugins, and of course, serves as additional examples.

Lord of the Rings Online
75 Fourohfour | 75 Artemedis | 60 Whiskeytango Foxtrot | 50 Mistah Boombastic | 56 Appetizer | 25 Aggromi
61 Onepointtwentyone Gigawatts

World of Warcraft
90 Downlo 85 Gravetaxi 85 Ümad 85 Artemedis 85 Guthuros