View Single Post
Unread 09-27-2010, 03:06 PM
The Undying
Interface Author - Click to view interfaces

Quote:
Originally Posted by Olenn
So I went to bed last night and slept on it. I woke up this morning and looked at all of your sdvice and stared at my code for a little bit...then I realized I was trying to calling SatchelWindow instead of satchelWindow ... stupid capital letters ... that capital S owes me three hours of life, lol.

Anyway, thanks for all of the help everyone!

New issue, the opacity slider is working great, but the value I am using for the opacity doesn't capture the full range.

Code:
self.opacityScrollbar.ValueChanged = function( sender, args )
		satchelWindow:SetOpacity( ( 55 + ( 200 - self.opacityScrollbar:GetValue() ) ) / 255 );
	end
the value was pulled form Turb's examples, but I am trying to go from fully opaque to full invisible.

Any thoughts?
I'm unfamiliar with the variety of slider you're using - so I have no idea what the value range is.

Please don't take this as any kind of self promotion, but I would suggest using the slider class in Palantir's DUInterface folder (feel free just to copy and paste the class somewhere - as well as the images) You can set the minimum and maximum values, as well as the step, making it as easy as just tying the slider value directly to the opacity of the window (and vice versa).

Otherwise, like I sad - in order to give you any help on that formula, I'd have to know what the range you're working with is.

Lord of the Rings Online
75 Fourohfour | 75 Artemedis | 60 Whiskeytango Foxtrot | 50 Mistah Boombastic | 56 Appetizer | 25 Aggromi
61 Onepointtwentyone Gigawatts

World of Warcraft
90 Downlo 85 Gravetaxi 85 Ümad 85 Artemedis 85 Guthuros