View Single Post
Unread 09-12-2014, 10:16 AM
The Undying
Interface Author - Click to view interfaces

Quote:
Originally Posted by artouiros
This plugin - http://www.lotrointerface.com/downlo...artyFrame.html makes party frames with box for each party member. By clicking on nickname of any member (including yourself) you get him in your target. I've searched every class of this plugin, but couldnt understand how it is implemented
Yes, I guess I should elaborate. That's not done programmatically, it's built into the Entity control (check PartyMemberWindow.lua). As noted above, you can not set a target programmatically. You can however create an instance of a control that represents an entity which a user can then interact with - the important distinction is that the control requires user interaction and can not be controlled programmatically via Lua. That is why no matter how hard you look you will not find Lua code that sets the target, it is part of Turbine's client code that implements the Entity control. You indicated that you were trying to set the target by name, which is not what PartyFrames is doing. Hopefully that is clearer. If you wish to set the target in response to a user click on a control, that CAN be accomplished (for a limited set of targets) via the Entity control.

Last edited by Garan : 09-12-2014 at 10:19 AM.