View Single Post
Unread 10-27-2010, 12:43 AM
The Undying
Interface Author - Click to view interfaces

Quote:
Originally Posted by Uthboth
I've got a feeling this is going to break a lot of the current plug-ins. I just hope the authors are able to get onto beta and see what changes to make. The ones I use there area few that are broke, I just don't know how to work with lua. It is so different from skinning and I have a hard enough time with that. :/
Palantir at this point is ready for live, with the exception of a curious error relating to saving PluginData - something that appears seemingly at random. Sometimes the error is thrown, sometimes it isn't.

But yes, if plugin authors don't pay heed to this thread, the release notes or have a chance to test on beta, almost every plugin that uses the Window class that's visible by default will break. Same goes with LocalPlayer and creating instances of the Item class (i.e.)

Code:
myItem=Turbine.Gameplay.Item();
Quote:
Originally Posted by D.H1cks
I logged in for a quick check today and mine is broken for some other reason. I will investigate more tomorrow.

Looking forward to being able to access class and race info about our characters though.

Edit: It is probably the LocalPlayer issue.
I've done some poking around, and at first glance, it appears that we do have access to class stances now. Unfortunately since character copy isn't up yet, I couldn't test it 100%, but doing a player:GetAttributes():GetStance(); on a burg I created returns 0; While that would make sense, I'll have to check out if it returns something if I'm in stealth or Mischief.

Lord of the Rings Online
75 Fourohfour | 75 Artemedis | 60 Whiskeytango Foxtrot | 50 Mistah Boombastic | 56 Appetizer | 25 Aggromi
61 Onepointtwentyone Gigawatts

World of Warcraft
90 Downlo 85 Gravetaxi 85 Ümad 85 Artemedis 85 Guthuros

Last edited by Digital_Utopia : 10-27-2010 at 12:47 AM.