Thread: Better LFF+Who
View Single Post
Unread 11-26-2007, 04:43 AM
The Undying

Quote:
Originally Posted by wad
enough powerful. something custom and unique, similar to python.
really i never saw sources of these scripts, only compiled p-code in the client.
as you may be know - decompiling is against EULA of the game and illegal.

I did not do any decompiling. Well, actually decompiling is not only against the EULA (note that in some countries EULA-regulations are a bit under dispute), but in at least my own country it is also against the law to decompile a program and "use" the knowledge found there, and could bring you into serious trouble if you tried to do it. So decompiling is definitely no option.

Though I would have hoped it would have NOT been a custom script language (personally I think with available powerful open source script languages it does not make too much sense to develop an "own" script language, but seems Turbine is of different opinion) so that if someone develops something he might be able to send the code to Turbine (as no addon-interface, this would have been the only way to get user-developed functionality into the game ;-) ).

Actually, when they HAVE a script language, maybe there IS some hope for an Addon-Interface at some point, though? Of course that would require them to add possibility for "external" scripts, not compiled into the client (From where do you know these things, BTW? Are you a Dev?)

Sorane