View Single Post
Unread 01-24-2011, 10:47 PM
The Wary
Interface Author - Click to view interfaces

Shell cmd w/ multiple args

I'm trying to expand on to a simple LUA script I wrote (my first time working with LUA) to allow multiple arguments to be passed to it. The problem I'm running into is it seems that the way I'm doing it gives one argument regardless of what I type (I ran into a similar problem when first writing it where the argument wouldn't be nil when nothing was passed to it).

Here's my script:
Code:
import "Turbine"

AhCmd = Turbine.ShellCommand();

function AhCmd:Execute(cmd, arg1, arg2)
	if ( type(tonumber(arg1)) == "number"  and  arg2 == nil ) then
		AhCmd:AhCalc(arg1);
	elseif ( type(tonumber(arg1)) == "number" and type(tonumber(arg2)) == "number" ) then
		AhCmd:AhCalc(arg1, arg2);
	else
		AhCmd:GetHelp();
	end
end

function AhCmd:AhCalc(buyout, bid)
	if (bid == nil) then
		Turbine.Shell.WriteLine( "<rgb=#00FF00>Set Buyout to</rgb> <rgb=#FFFF00>" .. math.floor( ( buyout/0.95)*(10^2) )/(10^2) .. "s</rgb> <rgb=#00FF00>to get</rgb> <rgb=#80FF00>" .. buyout .. "s</rgb>" );
	else
		Turbine.Shell.WriteLine( "<rgb=#00FF00>Set Starting Bid to</rgb> <rgb=#FFBF00>" .. math.floor( ( bid/0.95)*(10^2) )/(10^2) .. "s</rgb><rgb=#00FF00>, Buyout to</rgb> <rgb=#FFFF00>" .. math.floor( ( buyout/0.95)*(10^2) )/(10^2) .. "s</rgb> <rgb=#00FF00>to get between</rgb> <rgb=#80FF00>" .. bid .. "s</rgb> <rgb=#00FF00>and</rgb> <rgb=#80FF00>" .. buyout .. "s</rgb>" );
	end
end

function AhCmd:GetHelp()
	Turbine.Shell.WriteLine( "Syntax: /ah <price>" );
end

Turbine.Shell.AddCommand( "ah", AhCmd );
The script accurately acknowledges 1 argument, but will just return the help text if 2 are is sent.
I know could just add a 2nd command specifically written to accept 2 args, but I really want just 1 command to work for everything

Last edited by MuNkEy : 01-24-2011 at 10:50 PM.