View Single Post
Unread 11-03-2017, 02:33 PM
The Undying
Interface Author - Click to view interfaces

As I was playing with a sample story, it struck me that one of the things the author should be able to do is reference the current player by name so I added the ability to include "@PlayerName" in story text which is replaced in the reader with the player's name. After reviewing the in-game quests, there are probably a number of other variables that should be defined for quest text such as @Class (Hunter, Captain, etc.), @Race (Dwarf, Elf, Hobbit, Man), @Honorific (gender specific title, Sir or Ma'am), @Vocation (probably not @Profession since it would get complicated trying to determine which one to resolve to since we all have three unless we also add some limited form of scripting... although... code snippets might be a neat future feature, @Code{} where the function within the brackets is replaced by whatever it evaluates to...).

Any ideas for others? Specifically those we can easily determine from the API.

I should have a simple prototype available for testing soon (assuming mother nature is done playing cats cradle with out power lines) - there's a couple of things I found annoying in my alpha testing that I want to iron out first. Very limited functionality right now, but enough to give you an idea of the direction I am headed.

Last edited by Garan : 11-03-2017 at 02:45 PM.