View Single Post
Unread 12-12-2007, 09:36 AM
The Wary

This may not be the best place to post an opinion of damage meters but I feel I must at least say my peace. I really fear damage meters being brought into Lotro. I trully believe damage meters turned World of Warcraft into a gear grind game and I would really hate to see that happen to Lotro. I quite enjoy not worrying about such things. I know that people are curious of their own damage/healing output but to be able to see others turns the game into a competition instead of a partnership. I really hope you think hard on this project before making it live as it may hurt more then it helps.

Instead of damage meters, I'd much prefer to see a threat meter. I think it is much more conducive to gameplay that benefits all and allows for true team play more then damage meters ever could. It is refreshing for me to play the game w/o some high dps bragging his crits and tossing meters in chat every 5 seconds. Please dont' repeat the same level of immaturity WoW has. It is a major reason I left there.