View Single Post
Unread 11-04-2018, 06:55 PM
The Undying
Interface Author - Click to view interfaces

Quote:
Originally Posted by Garan
Lua and skinning are two different system. Skinning doesn't use the asset IDs used in Lua. Your best bet is to try many of the other currently updated skins, such as the JRR skins that have been updated and see if any of them work for you. If you find one that works, then look at that skin's XML definition file and try to identify which tag refers to the element(s) you are trying to replace.

Technically, Lua and skinning do have a slight overlap in that when Lua uses an asset ID to load an image, if a skin is loaded that overrides that asset, the client will return the skin asset instead of the built-in asset. That lets Lua plugins work smoothly with skins. However, the point is that the asset ID used by Lua is not the reference used by the skin definition file. The OP needs the skinning reference not the Lua reference.

I already tested all the JRR, and all of them have the same problem. As soon as you encounter a Nemeris or rare Nemesis, the modified TGA for elite or rare elite dont apply to them. I was WRONG

Actually they are all shown in this link https://lotro-wiki.com/index.php/Difficulty_Indicators

I was there until 2013 and the problem was not part of my Isil ui.

I will try to find more if i can though, i will not rest on this for now at least

UPDATE : as i know i can be stuborn i decided to check again the whole JRR folder and each time it seems i have simply overlooked at the *BGM* one. Those vitals are quite amazing and even if usually i dont want portrait on my UI, i know i will use them. I will of course inform Adra of the copy i will make but as it is only for my personal use, i dont think there will be a problem.

Thanks everyone, i will consider the problem *resolved* then, at least for me

Last edited by Eili : 11-05-2018 at 12:10 AM. Reason: I was wrong on 1 folder in JRR, the vitals are working quite well