View Single Post
Unread 05-04-2012, 09:17 PM
The Undying
Interface Author - Click to view interfaces

The Vault and SharedStorage objects sent me into sugar shock like a kid that ate wayyyyy too much candy for easter

So far I've only verified the classes exist and the IsAvailable method and IsAvailableChanged event seem to work properly. Once I get over my jubilation of finally having access to the Vault and SharedStorage objects I'll get around to actually working with them

The new ItemInfo has two additional methods, :IsUnique() and :GetNameWithQuantity(). The IsUnique() method is fairly self-explanatory. I'm not sure what the GetNameWithQuantity is supposed to return but it currently just returns the name - I'm hoping when it is fully implemented that it might return the name and total quantity for all items of its type which would be nice if multiple stacks exist. Unfortunately they didn't add any mechanism for retrieving the item Data value, but we can still hope. This seems to be a step in the right direction.

Unfortunately they did not add a :PerformShortcutDrop() to the EquippedItems object but it does exist for the Vault and SharedStorage so perhaps there is still hope that they will go back and change that.