View Single Post
Unread 04-20-2011, 11:39 PM
The Undying
Interface Author - Click to view interfaces

Quote:
Originally Posted by lunarwtr
My guess is that is simply a lookup table. Every few entries there is something like the name of a graphic resource. A couple of the other files have what look like embedded jpg type data. And immediately following the element names section look like embedded tga data.
If it's anything like the other dat files, there should be at least one section ahead of it that acts as a lookup table, and the graphics resources may or may not completely exist at that location. Ran across several "images" in other .dat files that would start off with the JFIF JPEG header, but then stop before it reached the footer - presumably the rest of it would be located somewhere else in the file. Unfortunately those split up files are the only stumbling block to figuring out the .dat format completely.

Anyway, my apologies for derailing the thread - it's just that .dat files have pretty much been my elusive prey off and on for the past 2+ years

Lord of the Rings Online
75 Fourohfour | 75 Artemedis | 60 Whiskeytango Foxtrot | 50 Mistah Boombastic | 56 Appetizer | 25 Aggromi
61 Onepointtwentyone Gigawatts

World of Warcraft
90 Downlo 85 Gravetaxi 85 Ümad 85 Artemedis 85 Guthuros