View Single Post
Unread 10-10-2010, 10:50 PM
The Undefeated
Interface Author - Click to view interfaces

Sorry, wish we could accommodate you, but we can't do either of those with the API we currently have.

We can't effect the maps, or mini-map in any way. Let alone keep track of the current "target" that you have selected (like nodes). Turbine is trying to avoid any and all things that would be used for automation or that could negatively effect another player.

As to TonicBars (since I'm the author) it would REALLY be nice to remove the original bars that come with LOTRO, but we can't do that for you. You can use a Skin to make the graphics disappear (which is what I do) and then use the Options->Quickslots to turn off quickbars that I'm not using... (and turn on TonicBars to use those! :P only a small blatant plug! ) I asked for this in the Beta.

But the thing is that we need to prove to Turbine that this is a beneficial feature. It takes time for people to develop this API and it detracts from other aspects of the game. Keep in mind, this is the FIRST time LOTRO has offered an API for plugins... so, as they improve this interface, you will see a LOT more coming out, but give it a little time.