View Single Post
Unread 05-01-2007, 12:50 AM
The Indomitable
Interface Author - Click to view interfaces

Copy & Paste from my reply in the official feedback thread found here.

Quote:
On to the actual UI elements available for us to "skin", I can understand why you would not allow us to modify the player, target and party frames, clearly there's some nifty animation stuff happening on those frames that may involve an in-house or 3rd party application, but I can not see why things like the Champion Fervor and Hunter Focus ammount indicators (the ones above the combat button) can not be "skinned", the frames/borders for those are particular sore looking textures overlapping your custom work that for whatever odd reason we're not allowed to change, same goes for the casting/progress bar or the Fellowship Maneuver skill wheel, why can't we "skin" those???

Additional items I believe that if allowed to be "skinned" would generate a larger involvement from the comunity would be (in no particular order):

- Hunter Focus amount indicator and it's frame.
- Champion Fervor amount indicator and it's frame.
- Casting / Progress bar and it's frame.
- Fellowship Maneuver skill wheel
- All skill and state icons
- Health and Power bars
- The minimap border.

Additionally font type, color, size and style replacements while not part of "Skinning" are definitely high on the wanted list for a lot of obvious reasons and it should not be too complicated to implement customization of such things.