View Single Post
Unread 09-19-2010, 12:01 PM
The Undying
Interface Author - Click to view interfaces

LUA REQ: Warden Gambit Helper

If one of the LUA gurus would like to take this on, then let me describe what I envison.

One of the things about the warden is that there are so many gambits with varying uses. It can sometims be tough to remember which one to use in certain situations, especially if there is a gambit you don't use very often. I've made myself a cheat sheet on paper that basically tells me if I need a heal, do this gambit; if I want a buff, use this gambit... and catagorizes the gambits and narrows the list to a small handful. I've been working on a "Warden Gambit Comparison Sheet" which does calculations with regard to power cost vs. heal or power vs. dmg or power vs. taunt and thus I don't bother using certain gambits which are marginally efficient compared to other gambits.

So for the plugin what I envison is a simple display catagorizing my gambits then showing me what steps to cast that gambit. It should have a setup interface that allows me to select which gambits I want to display. So I could have a little list right below my BuffBars () that looks like:

Quote:
Gambit Helper
Buffs
= GG - Defensive Strike
Heals
= GRG - Safeguard
= GR - Persevere
Taunt
= YR - Precise Blow
= YY - Goad
= YG - War-cry
DD
= RGY - Power Attack
There should be tabs under the headers above, but the page isn't showing them. This list could be customized via the setup interface by the user. What do you think? Any takers on this project?