View Single Post
Unread 07-14-2007, 06:41 PM
GM, Scarlet Underground
Premium Member
Interface Author - Click to view interfaces

Quote:
Originally Posted by Aalwein
I've noticed a few graphics could use a little work Trot. I won't have time to work on em this weekend, but maybe you will have a little time.
  1. On the ends of the text buttons, you can see black backgrounds to square off the corners. Missing the alpha layer maybe?
  2. The corner pieces of the boxes (upper_left, upper_right, etc.) are also squared off with black background (again, maybe alpha layer issue).
  3. The travel window (dismount button when on a stable master's horse) transparency looks terrible. The transparency layers overlap and make a visibly dark line down the middle of the window.
  4. Stable-master window is showing standard artwork when you hover over and select a destination. (See thread on ScarletU for a screenshot).
That's everything I've noticed so far. Except I hate how the SU coloring turned out on my letterbox art... I gotta put some more work into it. Looks more green then red, if you ask me.
Trot: I tried playing around with the artwork on these issues but I'm completely at a loss. The artwork for the stable-master is all correctly set and yet doesn't work in-game. The corner pieces all have transparency set correctly. All the buttons are correctly set with alpha layers (after my buttonfix patch) yet there are still windows that show a black edge around them. Have you tried anything to fix these with any success?

EDIT: upon further investigation - the button issue only occurs in the stable master window. This, along with the artwork for selection your destination not working, leads me to believe there might be an issue with our access to the window art moreso than our homebrew artwork. Added a screenshot of the window - you can see all the errors at once. The corner art is an issue on every window.
Attached Thumbnails
Click image for larger version

Name:	error1.jpg
Views:	1113
Size:	61.3 KB
ID:	70  

Last edited by Aalwein : 07-14-2007 at 06:59 PM. Reason: added screenshot