View Single Post
Unread 12-04-2008, 06:03 PM
The Undying
Interface Author - Click to view interfaces

Thanks for the reply Frosty,

Well I guess the first thing I need to point out, and I'm sure you and the UI team already know this, is that you can't make everyone happy.

Players will want both more or less from the interface. At this stage in the game I wouldn't focus to much on providing tools to edit the old interface. The new interface will definitely be a step forward (I'm hoping) but it won't be enough.

Using Turbine's model of customization, the player should be able to (among other things):
-Modify the graphics
-Reposition assets
-Remove or add certain assets from or into different panels (example: also having fervour/focus posted above enemy vitals.
-Build up or take down previous concepts created by the Turbine UI team.

My point being, the player should have the option of giving him/herself a completely unique experience. That's where this community stands. We do the little customizations for ourselves and other people so Turbine doesn't have too.

I don't want to step on anyone's shoes but one of the reasons why we are here is because the UI is VERY unpolished. A lot of assets aren't even aligned properly. A lot of the graphic work is repetitive and mediocre.

Leaving our community in the dark isn't going to get anyone anywhere. I'm not asking for Turbine to spill the beans on any top secret stuff. Although, shedding some light on what route our ship is taking would be really appreciated.

We all appreciate what you've done Frosty. Don't get me wrong. You should be the highest paid employee at Turbine. For the sake of a metaphor: this is your forest, we're just camping in it.

Last edited by Supermax : 12-04-2008 at 06:08 PM.