View Single Post
Unread 10-12-2010, 09:30 AM
The Unscathed

Cool Ideas For Roleplaying Plugins

Hi all,

I have a couple of ideas for some plugins to enhance roleplaying for those players who enjoy it that I thought I'd throw out there to see if A) Such functionality is possible and B) Possibly get someone with way more talent than I to write such plugins.

First off, is it possible to have a plugin fetch data from an external website for display in-game? I was thinking how useful it would be to have a plugin that would enable a roleplayer (or anyone else, really) to search the LOTRO Wiki at http://lotr.wikia.com and then display the results in-game. This would really be helpful for all those in-game lore questions that invariably rise during roleplay.

Secondly, there are several Tolkien language dictionaries scattered across the internet. If even one of these dictionaries could be made into a searchable plugin, it would greatly enhance roleplaying.

So those are a couple ideas that I had. I'm not sure if they're even possible with the current API, but I thought I'd toss them out there. If they *are* possible, I'd even be willing to help with the plugin in whatever way possible. Anyway, does anyone else have any ideas for roleplaying plugins? Let's get some discussion going!

Emberleaf