View Single Post
Unread 11-16-2021, 06:07 PM
The Undying
Interface Author - Click to view interfaces

Quote:
Originally Posted by Hyoss
Anybody know how to find the assetID of the currently visible map other than browsing all existing assets with AssetBrowser?

Guarantee must have an idea because MoorMap has so many interior maps included. Not sure if that can be done programmatically at all?

What I am looking to do is get the asset IDs of maps used by missions.
Short answer: No

Long and somewhat boring (okay, probably exceedingly boring) answer:
There is no programmatical way to get the current map resource. I have a newer and much improved version of IRV that I use to scan for resources any time a new expansion is released. This version has a library feature. New resources are automatically put into the New library. I then filter the display of the New library by size looking for anything that is 1024x768 and move any matching Parchment maps to the Map library. Then I filter on 800x600, 1600x1200, 2400x1800, 3200x2400 and 4800x3600 and move any matching interior maps to the Map library. Last I filter on 200x200 and move any matching compass tiles to the Tiles library. While matching the current map is still a manual process, I only have to look through the Map library which is pretty quick when displaying 120x120 tiles (stretched) in a grid. I use a different set of features to re-scan the Tiles library for size, removing any 32x32 tiles (no longer valid tiles will have a size of 32x32) and then exporting the list of tiles to my MapMaker plugin so that I can spend the next few weeks going insane trying to piece together a few thousand new pieces of the TerrainMap terrain... I've thought several times of publishing the updated IRV but the interface is kinda ugly and it's a bit buggy - it works for the limited use I need it for but it's not really suitable for public consumption.

TLDR=wait for the next release of MoorMap and look up the interior map codes in the defaults.lua file or pester (ok, probably better to beg) Thurallor to release an update to AssetBrowser.

Meanwhile, I will post what I have for Gundabad missions' map ids in the next day or so - I'm not sure I've seen the full cycle of missions yet - so look for a follow-up response here.