View Single Post
Unread 03-17-2011, 09:49 AM
The Wary

Wow! I can't wait! Palantir is already a mainstay in my ui and I can see it's probably gonna stay that way.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Digital_Utopia

Last but not least, I'm planning on reworking the Debuff bar again - Mainly because I think it's just far too bulky as it is. This also means I'm going to be re-evaluating the decision for pot support. I'm not going to lie - I'm not very enthused about making anything on Palantir clickable. A HUD is supposed to be strictly for information purposes and that was my initial vision. That being said, I understand how convenient it is to just click somewhere more accessible than a standard quick slot, to access critical items like pots - whether it be morale, power, or cures. I would rather work on a plugin that provides such a feature, that would fit in well with Palantir, but not be an actual part of it. This way it could be placed wherever it's most convenient to you - without having to place limitations on it, in order for it to work with Palantir. Of course, the other advantage is that even if players don't want Palantir, they could still make use of it.
I hear ya. I like the debuff bar bein' there but not so much to click on it as a means of alerting me to somthing that needs my attention. I so rarely know where my cursor is that clicking on anything is mostly an excercise in futility so anything that needs a quick response from me is mapped to a key on my keyboard or a button on my mouse.

I think I've seen this mentioned somewhere else but one thing that'd be nice is a 4-bar central HUD with two bars representing player vitals and two bars representing target vitals, sorta like this: (( )) I had a HUD in "another" game like that and it was totally configurable color, spacing and function-wise- I had mine set up so that the left bars were my vitals and the right bars were my target's vitals.

Sounds like good stuff comin'- hats off to ya and thanks