View Single Post
Unread 05-01-2011, 10:04 PM
The Undying
Interface Author - Click to view interfaces

Just a small update, but still significant, so I thought I'd share.

While my testxml I posted above is probably great for testing out basic UI generation, one root with one child isn't so great for testing out xml parsing. So, for that purpose, I went to data.lotro.com and used xml for an item I had in my browser's history. Unfortunately, at this point - CDATA will not be supported. At this stage, a CDATA tag would just add needless complexity to the project (both due to its non-standard tag structure, and the characters it uses).

Two important steps were reached over the weekend. The first is the ability to grab the necessary information for a node, including attributes, values and tag names. The second is the ability tor read the entire xml string, grab the tags and innerText, and reproduce the tree, visually, in the chat window, based off of recognizing opening and closing tags.

The next step will be bringing both of those together into a tree of Nodes, which will allow for logically accessing XML data via traditional means (i.e. getElementById, childNodes[x], attributes[x] etc). At that point the XML library (at least the input portion) will be functionally complete and I can move on to the UI generation.

Lord of the Rings Online
75 Fourohfour | 75 Artemedis | 60 Whiskeytango Foxtrot | 50 Mistah Boombastic | 56 Appetizer | 25 Aggromi
61 Onepointtwentyone Gigawatts

World of Warcraft
90 Downlo 85 Gravetaxi 85 Ümad 85 Artemedis 85 Guthuros