View Single Post
Unread 01-12-2011, 09:22 AM
The Undying
Interface Author - Click to view interfaces

At this point, I've got a basic script that will resize/position the model in 3ds Max (maxscript), and am currently checking out my options for Flash 3D engines. First choice worked well with the first mesh (head), but caused some weird issues when adding the hair.

The good news is that it appears that most engines accept some form of a movieClip as a texture, so dyes and skin color should be not only possible, but pretty easy.

There are a couple of LotRO related challenges left however - including eye/skin color, and setting up a way to easily mach body skin to face skin. Body textures seem to be a semi-transparent texture that seemingly allows color to show through, but the face/eye texture that's generated from the rip is completely opaque. Some photoshop magics will probably be needed to get the face/eye skins prepped for some form of overlay color (i.e. desaturated/lightened).

I also haven't looked into "details" as of yet - but I'm hoping that all of them are additional meshes/textures (including scars), as opposed to additional head textures/meshes - as it would increase the total number of combinations.

Anyway, that's all for now - I'll continue to update this thread as I progress, and hopefully before too long I'll have a demo.

Lord of the Rings Online
75 Fourohfour | 75 Artemedis | 60 Whiskeytango Foxtrot | 50 Mistah Boombastic | 56 Appetizer | 25 Aggromi
61 Onepointtwentyone Gigawatts

World of Warcraft
90 Downlo 85 Gravetaxi 85 Ümad 85 Artemedis 85 Guthuros