View Single Post
Unread 03-28-2008, 09:06 AM
The Undying

Quote:
Originally Posted by Wicked Mouse
I do not think that they will implement this into the game, as it will more or less turn it into an athletic sport, imo, and takes the fun away and once it's part of the game, people will probably adjust their gaming style to the damage analysis. It's part of the game to figure some things out If they want us to become drilled "mob sweepers" they could just give us all the exact mob details straight away
Well, when I was talking to someone from the "powers that be" (Well, not directly to turbine, but to someone from codemasters who talked to someone from turbine) it sounded that if there would be more development time available they would consider it. Also please note, that the data lotrometer provides
goes *ways* ahead of just "who throws out the most damage".

About the source-code: As I still hope for future LOTRO-integration I guess it might be a bad idea to opensource it. They might not like to integrate something which is open source-code.

What for now I would still hope is that they finally add some feature that you can get the data from other groupmembers into the combat log...

And they DO give the mob details away in some way... lotrometer can exactly calculate which attacks of a mob do what amount of dps and what percentage of the mobs damage goes into which attacks and stuff ;-)

Sorane

Last edited by Sorane : 03-28-2008 at 09:09 AM.