View Single Post
Unread 09-09-2012, 04:33 PM
The Undying
Interface Author - Click to view interfaces

From what I can see, it would be no more possible to do this with an action bound to a button on a quickslot than it is now - you would still have to click the button on the interface each time to fire the event, just as you would have to be at the keyboard to press the keystroke.

As it is, every quickslot in existance is capable of firing an action, including all of our attacks - what I was asking was if it's possible to trigger actions that are NOT attacks/skills but rather the various commands that are triggered via keybindings at the moment. I have limited mobility in my left arm, and as such I use my left hand on WASD for steering and movement, but very little else. All other actions I fire with mouse. Up till now that hasn't been a problem, but being in the RoR beta and with the new moving combat style, I'm having to use the mouse to control movement as well, so having to let go of it to perform keyboard actions leaves me unable to control the camera for longer periods of time than I like - being able to bind these actions to an onscreen button would make things much easier for me.

Since the original post I've come across Garan's posting on action codes: http://forums.lotro.com/showthread.p...I.Lotro.Action (great stuff from Garan as usual ) and have seen a couple of examples of responding to keypresses via codes to get events to fire, but can't get my head around a way of working it back the other way - using a click to trigger a code which then fires the action.

Last edited by Delone : 09-09-2012 at 05:21 PM.