View Single Post
Unread 12-23-2010, 10:05 AM
The Undying
Interface Author - Click to view interfaces

Quote:
Originally Posted by celtictoad13
Aesthetically speaking its very nice and very easy on the eyes.
Deployment via this thread Nice Job Digital.
Running very Smoothly on a Windows 7 64 & 32 bit systems. Its not being that much of a resource hog ~59000 K of memory

Couple of things to point out...
1) Have 7 char loaded and only able to view 5
2) NO real exit button on the interface. Reason I point this out is the 'casual user' would be wondering how to close. Experienced user would know of two ways Taskbar and Windows task manager. Might want to add a exit button, if possible.
1) Seeing that issue myself, in addition to a very overachieving movement handler that interferes with the scroll bar. Just to make sure we're on the same page: I'm able to add/verify an unlimited amount of characters, but after hitting OK, it just loads 5. Closing and re-opening the gadget/app will still load only 5 characters, and only 5 will exist on the list.

2) You make a good point about the close button, in fact, due to the desire to have this as something that just sits in the background, I'm not exactly thrilled about the taskbar icon in the first place.

At any rate, I'll look into both of these, and I guess I'll get a chance to test out updating

-----------------------------------------------------------------------
Feedback questions:

1) If a close button is added to the gadget, would you rather keep the taskbar button, or make it go away?

2) Although the original intent for the "bubble" that the level number is shown in was for purely asthetic reasons, that doesn't mean it has to stay that way. One possible use for it is to change color based on server status for the server the character is on. Like the idea? Don't like it? Have a better idea? please let me know!

Lord of the Rings Online
75 Fourohfour | 75 Artemedis | 60 Whiskeytango Foxtrot | 50 Mistah Boombastic | 56 Appetizer | 25 Aggromi
61 Onepointtwentyone Gigawatts

World of Warcraft
90 Downlo 85 Gravetaxi 85 Ümad 85 Artemedis 85 Guthuros