View Single Post
Unread 06-10-2017, 10:09 AM
The Wary
Interface Author - Click to view interfaces

Anyone can help with loading screen mod?

Hi guys, I just created a pack of replacement loading screenshots, but everytime I start the launcher (european client), it automatically downloads the default screens from internet and overwrites the ones I made.

Is there a way to prevent the loader from downloading the default screens?

I have read on Lotrointerface that is possible to modify a file to instruct the launcher to use images from a specified folder.
In details, this was the post on how to do it:

""I had a small problem with the pictures ... the Launcher randomly redownloaded the old ones. After some testing I found a small workaround ... I created a seperate folder with your pics and copy the adress (e.g. F:\The Lord of the Rings Online\raw\de\logo\Samoo). Then Ive opened the DownloadFileList.xml (C:\Users<<USER>>\AppData\Local\Turbine\The Lord of the Rings Online\Launcher) and copied the adress of the created folder in the DownloadURL lines (e.g. <DownloadUrl>F:\The Lord of the Ring Online\raw\de\logo\Samoo\lotro_ad_pregame_de.jpg</DownloadUrl>).""

Unfortunately the trick above doesn't work for me, since I can't find any file in my whole hard disk named DownloadFileList.xml.

PS: Something is very strange, anyway. One image out of 11 has been left untouched by the launcher. It replaced all my images except the one named "lotro_generic_teleport_screen_02".

Suggestions?