View Single Post
Unread 11-02-2007, 01:41 AM
The Undying

Quote:
Originally Posted by Frosty
The text that comes out of the game is "owned" by the combat team and not the UI, if that makes any sense. The chat windows are essentially listening to notices that say "display this text". The text is colored and added to the chat list, we (being the UI) don't do special processing of the text.

The short answer is that it would be up to the combat team to do some of the things that you're looking for: begin/end combat, timestamping, reformatting of the combat messages, etc. I'm not saying it can't be done, but it's generally not a function of the UI.

I can think of two things to follow up on: posting on the official boards or filing a bug/feature request in the game.

-P
My big problem in "posting on the official boards" is that as of now only people from the US can post there. There is a EU version of the board, but it seems not to be frequented by devs. But if someone could write a message on the US Board for me, or if you could forward my email address ([email protected]) to a developer from the combat team this would be highly appreciated. Clearly these people would be the ones which would
implement such changes. As it seemed this board here was my only possibility
to reach a Dev, which is why I used this opportunity here, even if it was nobody of the Combat Team.

I would like to add, though, that an idea for the future might be to integrate such a Damagemeter into the Game UI (a little window which can be activated on a hotkey, and if the hotkey is pressed again it gets "hidden" again). As mentioned before I would be willing to give the source-code of my
damagemeter-tool-in-works to Turbine once the source-code has reached a more finished state.

I will add some of my UI ideas to this board here, though, maybe there is something among it which would be interesting for you.

Thanks for your fast answer.

Sorane

Last edited by Sorane : 11-02-2007 at 01:44 AM.