View Single Post
Unread 01-04-2011, 07:00 PM
The Wary

That sounds awesome! I cannot wait to try it out. I am the exact opposite, I have the quest guide ready, I just need the program to add it in game. Also, you may want to check out RGPTutors guide as a reference. That is what I did. Although you cannot copy it word for word it is a good guide that does not miss out on much and there are only so many quests so really I believe you would be safe from copyright because you are bound to basically have the same quest list. I mean, how could you not really...lol Good luck my friend, I cannot wait to see it.

Here are some things that I was going to add to mine (you may have already thought of these things, however they are just friendly reminders/advice)

First of all, please add a compass on screen with yardage available. Also, be sure and add the ability to skip through the in-game quest guide for those who already have leveled characters. Be sure and make it as transparents as possible or give the option to size the window to the person's liking. Be sure and add as many rep quests as possible so that later in the game the "grind" for rep is minimal. Ofcourse take us through the epic content and it would be cool to add in the raid stuff (I think the reason that it is so hard to find groups for raid material beyond GB is because some folks may not know that they exist)

Btw, are you going to make the source code available? I would like to have the ability to tailor a guide to my personal liking and since I already have the guide wrote I would like to try and "plug it in" and see if it works. Also ask your friend about the recipe checklist. I already have the list made and have wrote the macros that enable it to be a true checklist instead of only having checkboxes. I can post pics if you want to see and do not mind sending you a copy to see what your friend thinks about how to implement it. There are a lot of folks screaming for an in-game recipe checklist. Keep us posted!!