View Single Post
Unread 01-04-2011, 06:26 PM
The Indomitable

I started to mess around with LUA myself, made some progress. Got windows, buttons, labels, ect ect all working. But ran into some road blocks and TBH there really isn't anyone willing/able to help out relatively new comers beyond very very simple questions/answers. While they were appreciated, its tough to get into it with out prior knowledge.

So thankfully a friend of mine is very good at LUA and is writing what I need. Which is a Quest Guide.

I'm writing the quest guide itself where as he is writing the plugin.

Its going to cover all races and include several things to help facilitate free to play players. Specifically what deeds to complete and when to help them level in a way that they would have enough points to purchase the next quest pack.

I'm currently writing Race of Man and I'm making pretty good progress.
I'm probably going to open up the project to kinmates/friends because writing the quest guides and testing them, is a massive undertaking for one person, to say the least.
I've seen early versions of the quest guide launcher plug in and it looks, amazing.

I'll also be posting a thread on the live forums, asking for suggestions on what features people would like to see in a quest guide. I have my own ideas that I hope to get implemented, but of course want to make it the best it can be.

Alot is going to be on the author of the plug in though, the time he has the limitations of the API ect will have a huge effect on the outcome of the project.

Last edited by Gramps : 01-04-2011 at 06:29 PM.