LoTROInterface

LoTROInterface (https://www.lotrointerface.com/forums/index.php)
-   Interface Requests (L) (https://www.lotrointerface.com/forums/forumdisplay.php?f=5)
-   -   Plugin Creator/Builder (https://www.lotrointerface.com/forums/showthread.php?t=1265)

Elentir 11-29-2010 09:10 AM

Plugin Creator/Builder

Would it be possible to create something like the UIBuilder but for plugins?

goldbishop 11-29-2010 11:00 PM

Design wise no...problem is that LUA scripting is not based on a DLL and would be very version specific....as of Nov 2010 the version of LUA being provided has changed and certain framework elements were changed.

If it was as easy as simply developing a library of classes/elements it would have been done. But most of LUA is also abstract based on the game that is implementing it.

Elentir 11-30-2010 05:32 AM

Ok, Thanks for your reply. Then I'll try creating some stuff myself.

goldbishop 11-30-2010 10:33 AM

I would be more than happy to assist, but still working on a way to extract the LUA framework so we can know what is in their.

I can help with creating a library, its the ability to highlight and intellisense that becomes the hard part.

D.H1cks 11-30-2010 10:41 AM

To get a list of all the available functions of the API, try this:
1. Start Logging your chat window.
2. Run a simple plugin that does a Turbine.Debug.Table.Dump(_G);

That will dump everything you will have access to a log file for further reading....

Also, I think it could be possible to create a tool that would allow people to layout a plugin fairly easily, like visual studio does. But the actual functionality of the plugin would still need to be done by hand.

Digital_Utopia 11-30-2010 12:18 PM

I was experimenting with a way of creating an in-game GUI for creating Lua UIs and although I made some basic progress, I had to put it on hold due to both real life responsibilities, as well as responsibilities with existing plugins (i.e. Palantir). Unfortunately I can't say when I'll be able to get back to working on it

Elentir 12-01-2010 05:16 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by goldbishop (Post 5685)
I would be more than happy to assist, but still working on a way to extract the LUA framework so we can know what is in their.

I can help with creating a library, its the ability to highlight and intellisense that becomes the hard part.

What I meant was, that I will look into creating a plugin myself. Not the Creator/Builder. Sorry if I confused you.

goldbishop 12-02-2010 10:14 AM

I do alot of UI development and am pretty good at effecient coding. Although most of my experience is with VB.Net....i think this type of application would best be suited for WPF development.

I would like to be included in a Lua API. The one i am working on is utilizing the .Net reflection namespace to iterate through a library.

Obviously, the library is just a simply template and wouldnt be actively used in the LUA deployed but in the IDE it can help with the Intellisense markup and available framework. My end goal is to potentially have it so that any program that utilizes the LUA framework, would be able to be included into the IDE and the then coder could leverage it against it.

Its a big cup of soup, but shouldnt be too hard. Its the frame of the application i am throwing ideas around on.