LoTROInterface

LoTROInterface (https://www.lotrointerface.com/forums/index.php)
-   Interface Requests (L) (https://www.lotrointerface.com/forums/forumdisplay.php?f=5)
-   -   Skip Opening Screen (https://www.lotrointerface.com/forums/showthread.php?t=4008)

vontar 12-26-2022 10:32 PM

Skip Opening Screen

Returning player on new comp and total reload. I even had to put in a ticket to reactivate my account! I remember having a plugin that skipped the opening screen, same as when I get lucky with hitting Esc. Can't find it. Any help would be greatly appreciated as the enforced waiting is just annoying. Thanks.

JohnMHammer 12-27-2022 10:37 AM

Add this argument to your shortcut:
-nosplash

Some people report that this argument speeds up loading too, but I have not traced exactly what it does and it might interfere with automatic patching:
-skiprawdownload
Pretty sure it just prevents the download of the splash screens, though.

Adra 12-27-2022 07:04 PM

:eek: Great ! Thank you for sharing this information :)

Why did I learned about it only today ?! :o

I tried to add simultaneously these 2 arguments in the launcher shortcut properties "...\The Lord of the Rings Online\LotroLauncher.exe" -nosplash -skiprawdownload

It do not downloads anymore the advertisements in French + English + German each time I run the launcher, however I still have the splash screen (and have to press escape).

Am I doing something wrong ?

JohnMHammer 12-29-2022 11:47 AM

It's possible that -nosplash was disabled. SSG has made quite a number of changes to the LOTRO Launcher application (and the client apps) over the last year. It worked the last time I tried it, but when I tested it just now after reading your reply, that argument did not disable the display of the two splash screens (the logo animation followed by the advertising still).

dt192 12-30-2022 08:26 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by JohnMHammer (Post 13140)
It's possible that -nosplash was disabled. SSG has made quite a number of changes to the LOTRO Launcher application (and the client apps) over the last year. It worked the last time I tried it, but when I tested it just now after reading your reply, that argument did not disable the display of the two splash screens (the logo animation followed by the advertising still).

It hasn't ever skipped those that I've seen. The splash screen it skips is the one that displays when you open the launcher, just before the launcher shows.

Adra 12-30-2022 01:00 PM

So, do someone know a way to skip the SSG logo animation and the "press escape" screen ?

b414213562 01-08-2023 09:32 PM

There's no way for a LOTRO plugin to do this, since plugins don't get loaded until after you log in a character. However, I'm confused as to why you need this. When I don't touch anything after selecting my server, it takes around 30 seconds for me to get to the character selection screen. If I do the double-escape key, it takes 10 to 15 seconds... but if I'm not present to press Escape then the extra 15-20 seconds don't seem relevant. And if I am present and want to speed up the process, then I press Escape.

However, you could write a small program that looks for the LOTRO client launching, waits ten seconds (or however long on your system), and then sends the Escape key to the LOTRO client twice.

Adra 01-09-2023 08:36 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by b414213562 (Post 13144)
There's no way for a LOTRO plugin to do this...
I'm confused as to why you need this...

My question was not concerning plugins but the launcher or the lotro client options/commands/tweaks.

Working on skins, particularly when resizing a panel, require a lot of game relaunching to track the changes. Doing this more than 50 times a day is boring and is a big time loss.

b414213562 01-09-2023 05:59 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Adra (Post 13146)
My question was not concerning plugins but the launcher or the lotro client options/commands/tweaks.

Working on skins, particularly when resizing a panel, require a lot of game relaunching to track the changes. Doing this more than 50 times a day is boring and is a big time loss.

Hopefully you've already included the username and password options for your LOTRO shortcut?

Your shortcut's Target would look something like this:
Code:

"C:\Program Files (x86)\StandingStoneGames\The Lord of the Rings Online\LotroLauncher.exe" -nosplash -skiprawdownload -username [USERNAME] -password "[PASSWORD]"

Adra 01-10-2023 12:06 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by b414213562 (Post 13147)
Hopefully you've already included the username and password options for your LOTRO shortcut?

I didn't used it but I have a macro on my keyboard to do it :)