LoTROInterface

LoTROInterface (https://www.lotrointerface.com/forums/index.php)
-   Interface Help (L) (https://www.lotrointerface.com/forums/forumdisplay.php?f=3)
-   -   UI Interface no more possible ? (https://www.lotrointerface.com/forums/showthread.php?t=1391)

Eili 02-10-2011 08:18 PM

UI Interface no more possible ?

After 4 months of a loud silence concerning Lotro interface Art Assets, i guess that Lotro decided to not authorize further any changes.

No words. Nothing. Sometimes i would prefer a Go to hell than beeing ignored that way. But well they can do what they want so ....:(

The news panels are horrible and without help it will be very hard to modify those.

Sad very sad.

daimon 02-11-2011 01:57 AM

I partly agree. Not the first time though but I have hope Frosty or someone else will give us new art asset pack eventually. Turbine haven't shown the skinning community that much value in the past either so there's nothing new even that we help them for free in exception of a few of their employees.

Eili 02-11-2011 10:17 AM

http://forums.lotro.com/showthread.p...20#post5226920

I posted that on the Lotro forum.

if we are lucky we will have an answer, if not well :(

Though checking Frosty profile on this site i noticed :
Tools and UI Engineer
Last Activity: 02-08-2011 04:40 PM

So he is totally aware of our requests but definitly choose to ignore them - Thank you Sir
Very very sad indeed

Brygard2007 02-11-2011 11:34 AM

Frosty did mention he had to go to the legal department and some other place to get permission.

Also I faintly recall Frosty no longer is part of the Lotro Ui team which i thought he was.

What Frosty done is made some kind a program that let him extract the art asset and the skindefinition file's etc with permission.

But the the whole thing about Ui skinning is not supported officially by Turbine.

Frosty done this on his spare time and with permission.

So your question is valid about if turbine is not letting Frosty released the skin art asset.

Edit;
I think Turbine doesnt want to expose the art asset and the code for the buy button.

Cause with the code we could disable that button with directory info.

Eili 02-11-2011 11:59 AM

I understand perfectly but then they could simplay say it rather than let us wait and hope.

But i asked Devs to delete my post on Lotro Forums, i so much hate drama and this is getting on me right now when i dont need that at all.

I should know that i must not post as immediatly people jump on my back.

I am on the edge to leave Lotro actually, thank to Yula.

Sorry

Brygard2007 02-11-2011 12:09 PM

Ah don't leave.
Sorry that that's how it turn out,mostly its better then that but don't know.

Just hang in there.:)

Silverangel 02-11-2011 10:16 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Eili (Post 6142)

This link is dead now, did the discussion get moved somewhere? Deleted? I do not find it.

Eili 02-12-2011 03:40 AM

Someone did not appreciate that i ask if the rules for UI making were changed.

I was accused of conspiracy and to be a trouble maker.
As i hate drama, and i dont need to cry for that, i asked the Devs to delete the post after that turn out as a personal attack against me by one of the player.

I just noticed though that my reputation was raised by 6 points only with that thread. So i guess i was not in the wrong by asking.

But when it comes to personal attack nothing good can come from that.

Sorry. We will never have an answer.

Silverangel 02-12-2011 11:26 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Eili (Post 6147)
I just noticed though that my reputation was raised by 6 points only with that thread. So i guess i was not in the wrong by asking.

Only six? :p Ok, now you have more for your official discussion post (I think). Thanks for asking these questions.

Eili 02-12-2011 02:17 PM

:p Thank you, you just made my day with your gesture.

Anyway i work my way through the data to try to find the new names panels.
Who knows may be we can find some background and border allowing us to at least give some unity to our UI.

On Bullroarer the 4th Tab Deed Log adorn works finally (the one on the Race Epic ....)