LoTROInterface

LoTROInterface (https://www.lotrointerface.com/forums/index.php)
-   General Authoring Discussion (L) (https://www.lotrointerface.com/forums/forumdisplay.php?f=22)
-   -   Turbine.UI.Window behavior changing in next Lua update (https://www.lotrointerface.com/forums/showthread.php?t=1139)

Digital_Utopia 10-10-2010 02:57 PM

Turbine.UI.Window behavior changing in next Lua update

Per ForsakenArcher, the next Lua update will "fix" an unintended display issue with the Turbine.UI.Window class. This class is supposed to be not visible by default, and will do so after this update goes live.

All authors should compensate for this change by specifically setting all windows to be visible, that should be visible by default eg:

Code:

myWindow:SetVisible(true);
No additional details were given, and no specific date was set for when this update will reach live.

SanDBoX 10-10-2010 03:07 PM

how I wish we could find out what else is going to be in store for us.

Cairenn 10-10-2010 03:18 PM

Feel free to join the IRC channel. That's where we got that answer from forsakenarcher. :)

Digital_Utopia 10-10-2010 06:41 PM

Yeah, he really didn't say what features are going to be added, although he did appear to be working on bug fixes, so hopefully, at the very least a lot of these issues we're having currently will be fixed.

I did want to ask him more questions, but I felt I grilled the poor guy enough

Digital_Utopia 10-26-2010 11:00 PM

Also, trying to get the LocalPlayer like so:

Code:

player=Turbine.Gameplay.LocalPlayer();
will throw an error - instead it needs to be handled like so:

Code:

player=Turbine.Gameplay.LocalPlayer.GetInstance();

Uthboth 10-26-2010 11:12 PM

I've got a feeling this is going to break a lot of the current plug-ins. I just hope the authors are able to get onto beta and see what changes to make. The ones I use there area few that are broke, I just don't know how to work with lua. It is so different from skinning and I have a hard enough time with that. :/

D.H1cks 10-27-2010 12:01 AM

I logged in for a quick check today and mine is broken for some other reason. I will investigate more tomorrow.

Looking forward to being able to access class and race info about our characters though. :)

Edit: It is probably the LocalPlayer issue.

Digital_Utopia 10-27-2010 12:43 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Uthboth (Post 5323)
I've got a feeling this is going to break a lot of the current plug-ins. I just hope the authors are able to get onto beta and see what changes to make. The ones I use there area few that are broke, I just don't know how to work with lua. It is so different from skinning and I have a hard enough time with that. :/

Palantir at this point is ready for live, with the exception of a curious error relating to saving PluginData - something that appears seemingly at random. Sometimes the error is thrown, sometimes it isn't.

But yes, if plugin authors don't pay heed to this thread, the release notes or have a chance to test on beta, almost every plugin that uses the Window class that's visible by default will break. Same goes with LocalPlayer and creating instances of the Item class (i.e.)

Code:

myItem=Turbine.Gameplay.Item();
Quote:

Originally Posted by D.H1cks (Post 5324)
I logged in for a quick check today and mine is broken for some other reason. I will investigate more tomorrow.

Looking forward to being able to access class and race info about our characters though. :)

Edit: It is probably the LocalPlayer issue.

I've done some poking around, and at first glance, it appears that we do have access to class stances now. Unfortunately since character copy isn't up yet, I couldn't test it 100%, but doing a player:GetAttributes():GetStance(); on a burg I created returns 0; While that would make sense, I'll have to check out if it returns something if I'm in stealth or Mischief.