LoTROInterface

LoTROInterface (https://www.lotrointerface.com/forums/index.php)
-   Pre-Beta Interfaces (L) (https://www.lotrointerface.com/forums/forumdisplay.php?f=17)
-   -   Men of the West (Gondor Movie Theme Resurrection) (https://www.lotrointerface.com/forums/showthread.php?t=577)

Supermax 03-16-2008 07:50 PM

Men of the West (Gondor Movie Theme Resurrection)

It's coming.

The first image of the UI will be included in the ROTR UI Skin download.

I just thought I would start the thread now.

Supermax 03-16-2008 09:09 PM

Just Uploaded!

I just uploaded the ROTR UI Skin, you can find it here. Read below.

http://www.lotrointerface.com/downlo...ySupermax.html

Quote:

Riders of the Riddermark (ROTR) March 16/08 - AS IS
--------------------------------------------------

I am releasing the AS IS version of the UI, meaning it is 95% complete aside from some selection skins.

This will be a good chance for the public to try out the skin and let me know:
a) What to improve on
b) What to add
c) What to change

So please, download the AS IS version of the skin and let me know what you think.

IMPORTANT****

There is a tutorial in the SkinDictionary.xml file which will explain how to adjust the skin to suit your screen resolution. It's important to do this before you try and load the skin into the game.

BONUS ***

There is an exclusive image of the prototype toolbar for the new Men of the West (Gondor Movie Theme) UI skin.

Supermax 08-08-2008 04:27 PM

An Update...

I unsubscribed to Lotro because of boredom and got back into Warcraft 3. Mines of Moria comes out soon so I thought I'd get back into the swing of things. I've been coming up with some ideas for my Men Of the West UI skin (affectivly GondorMovieTheme.)

Although the toolbar isn't new, I have been working on the basic window designs. Let me know what you think.

Wicked Mouse 08-09-2008 07:18 AM

Looks nice :)

Thought Men of Gondor are strictly taken Southrons, aren't they? :)

Supermax 08-09-2008 10:41 AM

Your probably right. I like this title more though. Doesn't Aragorn refer to both Rohan and Gondor as being Men of the West?

Supermax 08-09-2008 11:04 PM

Another Update

I did a little more work on the menu border. I changed the top bar, as well as added the title holder.

Wicked Mouse 08-10-2008 06:26 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Supermax (Post 2924)
Your probably right. I like this title more though. Doesn't Aragorn refer to both Rohan and Gondor as being Men of the West?

Prolly because it's all founded by Elendil and his heirs. Who come from Arnor.
But it looks fine :)

Supermax 08-11-2008 11:18 PM

Menu

Here is a picture of the menu in game and active. Skinned both text and exit buttons.

Cleitanious 08-14-2008 12:21 PM

The Men of Gondor are Men of The West relative to the Men of the East. They are called Southron by those from Bree and other far north locations.

Dunedain means "Men of the West" and the men of Gondor are also called Dunedain. The Dunedain in LOTRO are called specificially Dunedain of the North.

Also, this skin looks awesome. Really looking forward to it and hope it's ready soon!

Supermax 08-19-2008 05:34 PM

Putting the project on hold

I think I'm going to put the project on hold until MoM is released. Apparently they are doing an entire UI overhaul and I think it would be a waste of time to do a bunch of work just to have it incompatible with the expansion.

Sorry

Brygard2007 08-19-2008 05:55 PM

Your skin looks awesome like always,very professional.:)

Yeah I hear you,same here I'm only going to do minor stuff on my UI intill MoM is released.
Thats like 3 months,no?

Supermax 08-19-2008 06:30 PM

Ya October is when I think it is.

And thanks lol, you as well.

Cleitanious 08-19-2008 10:12 PM

Well the textures may still work, just need ot be altered a little bit. man this UI looks so cool :p

Supermax 10-12-2008 12:32 AM

Men of the West **UPDATE**

**UPDATE**

I've created a new auto-attack image set as well as new icons for Menu, Crafting, Deed Log etc.
Out of Combat

This is the auto-attack in it's peace state. Nnotice that the icons for the menu, crafting are all grey until highlighted. Once
highlighted they will display full colour. Also, you can see the Champion Fervour image (empty) above the auto-attack icon.

In Combat

The Eye overlays the auto-attack icon and goes nicely with the flaming circle. The fervour meter is at 3/5. No icons are highlighted.

Let me know what you think! Your feedback is important!

Thanks

Dominar 10-12-2008 08:44 AM

Absolutely love it. It's clean, easy to use and looks great.

It's like you took Turbines original bar and made it into what should have been in the game from day one.

Supermax 10-12-2008 01:28 PM

Thanks for your kind words Dominar. I've adjusted the Fervour/Aim images to include a side box which contains the information in number form.

Check it out:

Cleitanious 10-12-2008 08:21 PM

That is really cool, maybe some colour coding could work too.

Supermax 10-12-2008 09:47 PM

Colour, you say!

Well, hopefully this is what you asked for:

Notice that the icons on the toolbar are not grey-scale anymore when in normal state. Also, I redesigned the bag icons with a new colour coordination system I've been working on. I believe this is the first time this has been done on a Lotro Skin.

The Bag window's title background is now the respective colour of the bag icon's background on the toolbar. Take a look at the picture and you'll see what I mean.

I've done some testing and I've found it really helps me determine which bag is which. Also the Title of Bag 1, Bag 2, Bag 3 etc. also helps.

Let me know what you think!

Cleitanious 10-13-2008 11:54 AM

Looks fantastic!

I was suggesting colour coding for the fervour/focus bar/number because you can see a colour without actually looking at it if you know what I mean, so if that area and number is grey with no focus/fervour then green, then yellow, then red at max it could be more useful. :)

Supermax 10-13-2008 12:38 PM

Oh! You know I was thinking about that. I could definetly do that for sure. I'll look into it today. Do you think that the colour coordination on the bags would help new players? I found when first playing the bag system was a little complicated because you start off with 5 bags.

Thanks for the reply Cleitanious. You should do another kin version of this once it comes out. ;)

Cleitanious 10-14-2008 11:34 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Supermax (Post 3011)
Oh! You know I was thinking about that. I could definetly do that for sure. I'll look into it today. Do you think that the colour coordination on the bags would help new players? I found when first playing the bag system was a little complicated because you start off with 5 bags.

Thanks for the reply Cleitanious. You should do another kin version of this once it comes out. ;)

Very rough example showing my idea. :)

I will definitely make a kin version for this when it comes out, it would be a lot more fitting for my Kinship then what I'm using now. :)

Supermax 10-15-2008 03:13 PM

Would they need to be green/yellow/red or could I use a colour that more stays in the scheme.

Any ideas?

Cleitanious 10-16-2008 12:24 PM

Well It's your UI, so w/e you want of course. I was just sayin' how I would do it. :)

Supermax 12-14-2008 04:53 AM

New MoM Icon Art and Placement

So I'm hoping to release a version of Men of the West for MoM. I've been playing around with some art for the toolbar buttons.

Take a look.

Cleitanious 12-14-2008 09:03 AM

Lookin' Fantastic

Fuz 12-16-2008 09:30 AM

Love it, can't wait to use it. :)

Just a little suggestion: get your name off the skin and maybe the skin name too), I don't have (clearly) anything against your rights on the skin, but I think it kills the mood quite a lot.
(referring on the images on the first page of the thread)

Supermax 12-16-2008 03:57 PM

Thanks for the kind words!

The only place my name is included in the skin is on LotroInterface.com. My name is not visible anywhere in game (not even the UI selection menu in the options panel, or the directory of the skin itself.) Due to the time and effort I've put in to the skin, among other things, I wish to leave the title as is.

My name and the title on the first group of images serve only as water marks for those particular pictures. Those watermarks are not placed on to any of the images used in-game.

That being said if the title does become an issue with people, I will change it.

Thank you Fuz, for your honest opinion.

Supermax 12-21-2008 03:21 PM

Gambit UI Art

So I've been hard at work on the UI and managed to come up with some Gambit art that I'm pretty happy with. Let me know what you think:

Supermax 12-21-2008 05:14 PM

Update!

Working more on the gambit UI art, I now have something that looks like this:

md9066 12-22-2008 11:09 AM

@Supermax

Quote:

Originally Posted by Supermax (Post 3138)
Update!

Working more on the gambit UI art, I now have something that looks like this:

Looks absolutely awesome (goes really well with the rest of your UI)! I wonder what the RK attunement meter would look like once you got your art hands on it. :P ^_^

Keep up the insanely good work!
And May the stars watch over you.
~Quen

charonthehand 12-22-2008 11:14 PM

The second gambit panel with the wing looks gorgeous. One question though, does it scale when you get more gambit slots? You can have up to five, so will the wingtip move over when more slots appear? (Which happens at, I think, levels 15, 30, 40)

Supermax 12-22-2008 11:26 PM

The wing will shift left the more gambit slots you open. :)
Thank you for the kind words.

Fuz 12-27-2008 04:37 AM

Very cool.

danr607 12-27-2008 05:48 AM

Alternate main bar option??.........

Looking great Supermax!!

I was just wondering though if you would consider making an option for an alternate bar that didn't show any bags or buttons on the top??

Otherwise the whole thing looks really good, and like someone stated earlier, cant wait to see what you do with the attunement meter :p!

The Scyphozoa 12-27-2008 10:16 PM

You could just replace the code for the bar with this.

Supermax 12-28-2008 12:17 AM

Well I plan on including a separate .xml file in the download which you can use to overwrite the existing one to completely remove all buttons from the toolbar.

I understand to a lot of elite players the toolbar buttons aren't needed. That kind of feedback and questions are always welcome and have already proven to improve the skin, even in it's current phase.

Thanks again.

Supermax 07-09-2009 12:30 AM

Update:

If you haven't noticed, there hasn't been any new updates on the skin. I unsubscribed from LotRO awhile back. It got to the point where I was paying p/m to skin. I love skinning and I would love to improve all of your UI/gameplay experiences but I just couldn't justify it anymore.

Also I've been travelling and recently became the proud owner of a new MacBook Pro. I'll back up all the images and maybe try skinning again later.

Can anyone give me any feedback on the size of our developer sandboxes atm? Are we still restricted heavily? Can we rearrange assets now?

Thanks

Supermax 10-19-2009 11:18 AM

So after seeing a preview for Siege of Mirkwood I got excited and utilized bootcamp to install Windows XP on my MacBook Pro. I resubscribed to LotRO and am just waiting to back up my old files off my PC so that I can begin to skin the old projects again.

danr607 10-22-2009 08:28 AM

I am glad you came back ,i am looking foward to seeing this ui

Travisimo 09-21-2010 11:32 AM

Whatever happened to this Skin? It looks great by the images I can see, but I haven't found a word on it past 2009.