LoTROInterface

LoTROInterface (https://www.lotrointerface.com/forums/index.php)
-   Interface Requests (L) (https://www.lotrointerface.com/forums/forumdisplay.php?f=5)
-   -   Server Name? (https://www.lotrointerface.com/forums/showthread.php?t=3730)

TheStormKing 01-27-2019 11:03 AM

Server Name?

I have a plugin that gets all character data, for offline website viewing.

I can't find a "servername" field I can use to determine what server the lua save method was run on. This is crucial to handle the same character name on different servers.

Does a "server name" extract exist for use when saving data?

Thurallor 01-27-2019 12:28 PM

Regrettably, no. And as far as I can tell, there is no "sneaky" way to tell, either. Some recent discussion here.

(However, if you're going to be parsing the .plugindata files using an external program, obviously that program will know which server the data was saved on, if it's saved with "Server" scope.)

glafria 01-27-2019 12:30 PM

Hi,

yes the servername is used to save variables.
There are folders for the servers.

I didnīt find it in the lua, but you could read it by the folder where the data is saved.

Greetz Glafria

Thurallor 06-16-2020 01:10 PM

Starting tomorrow, there will be a reliable way to identify the server:

Quote:

Originally Posted by Cordovan
The /loc command has been modified to include the player's server ID and timestamp. Including this information with GM correspondence could help us expedite your request.

(Update 26.2.2 Release Notes)

It requires a click from the user, but it's a huge improvement over the options we had before!

It will also probably break a lot of existing plugins that rely on the "/loc" command's output format.

Garan 06-16-2020 03:05 PM

Yep, likely this will break Waypoint, MoorMap, TerrainMap, Anthology and a slew of other plugins but it's still a step in the right direction. Sort of. Anyway, thanks for the heads up I hadn't seen the release notes yet.

Hyoss 06-17-2020 06:59 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Garan (Post 12462)
Yep, likely this will break Waypoint, MoorMap, TerrainMap, Anthology and a slew of other plugins but it's still a step in the right direction. Sort of. Anyway, thanks for the heads up I hadn't seen the release notes yet.

I can think of Reminders, Roving Threat Plugin as well. Might be time for some community patches.

Garan 06-17-2020 08:33 AM

Well, the first thing I noticed is it isn't implemented for the FR client.
EDIT: Not implemented in the DE client either.

The EN client format looks like:
Code:

You are on server 65 at r2 lx1212 ly1538 ox85.67 oy49.68 oz711.87 h180.0. Game timestamp 413530581.868.
It turns out the server number is for the actual physical server within a cluster and does not have a 1:1 relationship to the World. For instance, three different characters simultaneously logged into Landroval had server numbers 64, 65, and 67 (they were in different regions) - heh just going through the door from ouside Erebor to inside Erebor moved me from server 64 to 52. Depending on their architecture, it may even be possible for one server to host regions from two different worlds (although probably only US or EU, not a combination due to database isssues). Since the physical servers that make up a cluster can be reallocated any time the servers are taken down for maintenance (and depending on their architecture possibly even while live), I suspect this value to be useless to Lua developers. I can see why SSG would want this for debugging purposes in case one physical server out of a cluster is causing trouble it will be much easier to pinpoint the affected server.

Thurallor 06-17-2020 09:36 AM

Ugh...

Thurallor 06-17-2020 09:53 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Hyoss (Post 12463)
I can think of Reminders, Roving Threat Plugin as well. Might be time for some community patches.

Reminders actually will be OK, because it uses ";loc", not "/loc".

DLevel 06-19-2020 08:54 AM

Server Name?

Garan thank you for updating TerrainMap 1.27 and MoorMap 1.42.
have downloaded both and Alias /Loc now working. Thanks for pointing me to this forum for newest info on updates. Hoping Waypoint plugin (Lunarwater) will be updated soon as well.

Hyoss 06-19-2020 09:03 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by DLevel (Post 12467)
Garan thank you for updating TerrainMap 1.27 and MoorMap 1.42.
have downloaded both and Alias /Loc now working. Thanks for pointing me to this forum for newest info on updates. Hoping Waypoint plugin (Lunarwater) will be updated soon as well.

I would suggest you patch the plugin yourself, a user posted the necessary changes in the comments to Waypoint. If somebody would upload these changes as a patch to Waypoint that would make it easier for lunarwtr to merge them into Waypoint's codebase.

DLevel 06-19-2020 09:31 AM

Thanks Hyoss, found the comment under Waypoint. I have installed the patch and it works. Bit (ok I am) of a newbie, I can send you the (Waypoint.lua) changed file, but now familiar on how to post or patch yet.

DLevel 06-19-2020 09:33 AM

Not familar

Hyoss 06-19-2020 01:32 PM

I uploaded that patch for Waypoint, it is waiting for mod approval. As soon as that happens it will be available here: https://www.lotrointerface.com/downl...fo.php?id=1089

On most plugin's pages, you will find two tiny links under the Download button - they are Add Patch and Add Addon. Not all have it, I think it depends on the author to allow these? Also not sure what Add Addon does. This is how I created the patch page though.

DLevel 06-19-2020 01:50 PM

Again , thanks Hyoss-- I tried the pop-up and uploaded a Zip file with instructions, pictures and Waypoint.lua file to copy & paste. But was locked out.... signed out and recvd message"you are not Authorized to upload this category" …… Guess i.m still on watch list or not Authenticated yet..... just joined the forum..... again thanks.... will watch and learn.... <smiles>

Hyoss 06-23-2020 05:36 AM

You added a patch for RTPlugin - nice, thank you :-)

Hyoss 07-17-2020 06:25 AM

U27.2 patchnotes mention now that:

Quote:

The /loc command has been modified to include the world name.
We should be able to test it on Bullroarer though before release.

Drono 07-17-2020 06:38 AM

In all honesty, i do not see how is this change beneficial - as it still requires user input to trigger the /loc command.

Hyoss 07-17-2020 09:35 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Drono (Post 12488)
In all honesty, i do not see how is this change beneficial - as it still requires user input to trigger the /loc command.

It is beneficial to Customer Support when people asking for help have to submit where something is happening.

Drono 07-17-2020 01:17 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Hyoss (Post 12489)
It is beneficial to Customer Support when people asking for help have to submit where something is happening.

Not sure how Customer Support is related to plugin development, but i guess it is useful for them :cool:

Thurallor 07-17-2020 03:49 PM

The only way it will benefit my plugins (currently only Reminders cares about the server name) is that I'll be able to add a "Detect" button next to the pulldown menu for server name.

Also, currently on Bullroarer the French and German clients have the same old output for the /emp and /pos commands (respectively). Unless that changes, the plugin won't be able to support the feature on those clients.

Hyoss 07-20-2020 07:07 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Drono (Post 12490)
Not sure how Customer Support is related to plugin development, but i guess it is useful for them :cool:

It is related because the /loc command was made available way before plugins existed. And it had the purpose of being able to share your character's location with CS and with other players.

We just happen to use it in plugins as well to get the same info in the most straightforward manner available.

Drono 07-20-2020 04:42 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Hyoss (Post 12492)
It is related because the /loc command was made available way before plugins existed. And it had the purpose of being able to share your character's location with CS and with other players.

We just happen to use it in plugins as well to get the same info in the most straightforward manner available.

I guess my original comment was poorly worded as i assumed it is clear from how it was worded and the context of the discussion - which was about detecting the server from plugin. It was asked for, and they added the servername to the /loc command. So :
Quote:

You will either bother user every time you need to know the server to click a button, or just save it into .plugindata - what you can already do now.

Sorry for my second sarcastic comment, I understand how Customer Support is related to /loc command, but that seemed a little bit out of topic here.

RingTailCat 07-21-2020 11:33 AM

I created a plugin data file:

Code:

"D:\Users\Me\Documents\The Lord of the Rings Online\PluginData\MyName\Arkenstone\AllCharacters\ServerInfo.plugindata"
Which contains:

Code:

return
{
        ["Name"] = "Arkenstone"
}

I have similar files for all servers that I uses. I can read this file in Lua to find out my server name.

Drono 07-21-2020 01:05 PM

Im doing the same except mine is called ServerName.plugindata and its just
Code:

return "Evernight"

Thurallor 08-04-2020 01:22 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Thurallor (Post 12491)
The only way it will benefit my plugins (currently only Reminders cares about the server name) is that I'll be able to add a "Detect" button next to the pulldown menu for server name.

Also, currently on Bullroarer the French and German clients have the same old output for the /emp and /pos commands (respectively). Unless that changes, the plugin won't be able to support the feature on those clients.

They didn't bother to implement this in the French and German clients, so I'm not going to bother to utilize it in my plugins.

DLevel 08-04-2020 05:39 PM

Server Name

Looks like changes made again to /loc.... Moorsmap… TerrainMap… RTPlugins..Waypoint... probably just a few, but Alias/Loc not working to show where you.re at.... I played around a bit and found that you need added info in phrase "you are on <Crickhollow> server <server number> at " ……………………………………..
The new info is (ServerName or World) and( ServerNumber). I can manually get plugins Terrainmap, RTplugins and Waypoint to work by adding info....
.. Terrainmap works without needing the ServerNumber, but you still have to add the ServerName/World info.
..I was able to have Waypoint work by reverting back to Hyoss's old patchU26.2.2(not deprecated anymore).

Nudge me if this the wrong location to continue previous posts. I will add comments to each plugin above but wondering if above plugin data file would help.

Garan 08-07-2020 04:01 PM

Unfortunately, I have no power or internet atm so updates to MoorMap and TerrainMap will be delayed. Terrain updates to TerrainMap may take longer.

Thurallor 09-23-2020 06:03 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Thurallor (Post 12496)
They didn't bother to implement this in the French and German clients, so I'm not going to bother to utilize it in my plugins.

Good news. Apparently in some recent update (not mentioned in the release notes) they've added support in French and German:

Quote:

Originally Posted by /pos
Ihr seid auf dem Server "[DE-RP] Belegaer" (45) in r1 lx979 ly993 i8 ox77.86 oy33.89 oz405.06 h135.0. Spiel-Zeitstempel 419643325.702.

Quote:

Originally Posted by /emp
Vous vous trouvez sur [FR] Sirannon, serveur 22, ā r4 lx907 ly1468 ox75.66 oy91.39 oz419.97 h29.5. Horodatage du jeu 419777374.617.