LoTROInterface

LoTROInterface (https://www.lotrointerface.com/forums/index.php)
-   XML modification help (L) (https://www.lotrointerface.com/forums/forumdisplay.php?f=23)
-   -   Centering impossible (https://www.lotrointerface.com/forums/showthread.php?t=312)

Grimholm 07-06-2007 06:29 AM

Centering impossible

1 Attachment(s)
Hi,

I've created a news letterbox with the dimensons 421x85, which only contains two quickslotbars and the experiencebar. The letterbox is supposed to be placed centered at the bottom but I can't get it working as it should. I've attached the current result and here's my xml-code:

Code:

<PanelFile ID="toolbar">
        <Element ID="ToolbarField" Width="421" Detach="0">
                <Element ID="ToolbarFieldMain" Width="421"></Element>
                        <Element ID="LevelMeter" Width="409">
                                <Element ID="LevelMeterFill" Width="409">
                                <Element ID="LevelMeter_BonusMeter" Width="409"></Element>
                        </Element>
                        <Element ID="ToolbarButton_LevelUpXP_TutorialHighlight" Width="409"></Element>
                        <Element ID="ToolbarButton_Experience_TutorialHighlight" Width="409"></Element>
                        <Element ID="LevelMeterText" Width="409"></Element>
                </Element>
        </Element>
</PanelFile>

Thanks for your help

Weezl 07-06-2007 07:30 AM

As far as I know you have to define both X and Y coordinates to get it positioned (but I may be wring).

To get the centering you must however calculate the X position:
X = (screen width / 2 ) - (toolbar width / 2)

You can always check out my tool i've written for this purposes.

http://www.lotrointerface.com/downlo...ceManager.html

Grimholm 07-06-2007 07:50 AM

I've already tried your tool and I've found out the coordinates, but I hope, that I don't need coordinates since I wont change standardposition of the letterbox. Well, I guess that the threadtitle is wrong. The real problem is not the position but the size: The width should be 421 pixels, but the game ignores my definitions for the width of the letterbox ;(

Weezl 07-06-2007 07:55 AM

Ok.

Unfortionately I believe that all four values has to be set before the game actually take them into account.

The bar has to have both width and height as well as X and Y coordinates. Atleast that's my experience.

And that's why I created the tool in the first place :)

Weezl 07-06-2007 07:57 AM

And I might add that allowing us to set only one of these values (as you did) or define a custom "alignment" for the toolbar is in a suggestion made in the "Turbine Wish List" forum.

Grimholm 07-06-2007 08:03 AM

Well, I've red the tutorial in this forum and I thought, that I don't have to set values, which I don't want to change. I'll try all four values now.

Weezl 07-06-2007 08:07 AM

I agree you shouldn't have to, this is a bug in my opinion :)

Grimholm 07-06-2007 08:12 AM

Ok, im playing around with the settings and it seems, that I really don't have to set every value. Currently the size ist correct, but the positions are wrong.

Weezl 07-06-2007 08:14 AM

Can you post an updated XML and screenshot?

Grimholm 07-06-2007 08:33 AM

Not necessary anymore, size and position are correct now :) Thanks for yor help.

But I've found several problems:
- if work with this definitions and if you enter the windowedmode, the letterbox becomes messed up, which is very annoying since I'm switching between fullscreen and windowmode
- your tool is fantastic, but it should not edit the xml-file directly because it messes up the xml-file. The code generated by your tool should be presented in a pop-up for copy&paste

Now I'm trying to get the other elements into the correct position. Here's the current xml-code:

Code:

<PanelFile ID="toolbar">
        <Element ID="ToolbarField" X="430" Y="939" Width="421" Height="85" Detach="1">
                <Element ID="ToolbarFieldMain" X="0" Y="0" Width="421" Height="85"></Element>
                        <Element ID="LevelMeter" X="0" Y="0" Width="409" Height="10">
                                <Element ID="LevelMeterFill" X="0" Y="0" Width="409" Height="10">
                                <Element ID="LevelMeter_BonusMeter" X="0" Y="0" Width="409" Height="10"></Element>
                        </Element>
                        <Element ID="ToolbarButton_LevelUpXP_TutorialHighlight" X="0" Y="0" Width="409" Height="10"></Element>
                        <Element ID="ToolbarButton_Experience_TutorialHighlight" X="0" Y="0" Width="409" Height="10"></Element>
                        <Element ID="LevelMeterText" X="0" Y="0" Width="409" Height="10"></Element>
                </Element>
        </Element>
</PanelFile>