LoTROInterface

LoTROInterface (https://www.lotrointerface.com/forums/index.php)
-   Preview Server (L) (https://www.lotrointerface.com/forums/forumdisplay.php?f=30)
-   -   New craft panel in November (https://www.lotrointerface.com/forums/showthread.php?t=1180)

The Old One 10-31-2010 08:29 PM

New craft panel in November

1 Attachment(s)
there's a large change coming to the craft panel in November that will break all current craft panel skins.
attached is a image of broken Supercraft on the left and the new Turbine panel on the right.
What do you thank of this change?

Thrashfinger 11-01-2010 12:37 AM

The new crafting panel looks more functional than the original crafting panel players have been using for the last 3+ years.

And, it's about time. ;)

Lokor 11-01-2010 01:52 AM

The first thing I noticed about the changes are the new "Buy stuff on our store" additions. I find these extremely annoying as a paying subscriber.

I really hope all store-related graphics in the UI are skinnable/blankable.

daimon 11-01-2010 04:21 AM

hahah you weren't kidding. it looks almost perfectly as your Supercraft

MrJackdaw 11-01-2010 11:05 AM

Looks like Turbine have been watching us!

Well... their new version looks good enough that it makes Widecraft/Tallcraft etc redundant.

And if they did get the idea from what you have done OldOne... Cool!

The Old One 11-01-2010 12:14 PM

I have been looking for a way to have recipe and mastery up at the same time since I made Supercraft and now I can.

I'm hoping I can remove those store buttons from the craft panel when the new Skin Definition info is out and I know I may be odd but I liked the old background I hope I can put one back in.

The complaint on the beta forms now is from people who use low res displays who want it back to something they can have open and still see what's going on in game. well can't please everyone.

Marll 11-01-2010 01:08 PM

I liked what I saw generally with the new crafting panel on Bullroarer, though I'd like to make it taller, and maybe add a background image. Also finding a way to blank out the store buttons would be nice, but I'm thinking that they won't let us do that :(

The Old One 11-01-2010 02:36 PM

1 Attachment(s)
They did let us kill the store button on the tool bar so they may. I f they don't tell us how to move/remove them there's very little we can do with the panel at all so they better tell us.

Edit: I attached a quick mock-up of the 1st edit I would like to do on the new craft panel (the 3 woodworker's in it are there as the longest English profession) other than the removal of the store buttons this can be done with the Skin Definition info we have now

The Old One 11-01-2010 07:02 PM

2 Attachment(s)
I worked on it a little and got this quick change. It has a longer list and the tabs on 1 row but the panel itself is the same size as Turbines.
Code:

<?xml version="1.0" encoding="UTF-8"?>
<opt>
        <SkinName Name="SuperCraft"></SkinName>

<!-- Crafting Dialog -->

<PanelFile ID="ID_UISkin_Craft_Window">
  <Element ID="Craft_Window"                                                                                                X="5"                Y="122"        Width="800"        Height="580">               

<Element ID="Craft_ProfessionPanel"                                X="0"                Y="21"        Width="382"        Height="550">
                        <Element ID="Craft_Prof1Tab"                                                X="5"        Y="4"                Width="128"        Height="29">
                          </Element>
                        <Element ID="Craft_Prof2Tab"                                                X="130"        Y="4"                Width="128"        Height="29">
                          </Element>
                        <Element ID="Craft_Prof3Tab"                                                X="255"        Y="4"                Width="128"        Height="29">
                          </Element>
                        <!--This is the box that contains the recipie scroll list. The code for Prof2 and Prof3 is exactly the same as Prof1-->
                        <Element ID="Craft_Prof1Page"                                X="6"                Y="27"        Width="376"        Height="529">
                                <Element ID="Craft_Profession_RecipeField"                                        X="0"                Y="0"                Width="376"        Height="553">
                                  <Element ID="Craft_TreeBox"                                                                                        X="1"        Y="27"        Width="365"        Height="494">
                                        <Element ID="Box_01_Background"                                                        X="1"                Y="1"                Width="365"        Height="492"> </Element>
                                        <Element ID="Box_01_InnerShadow"                                                        X="1"                Y="1"                Width="365"        Height="492">
                                        </Element>
                                        <Element ID="Box_01_LeftBorder"                                                                X="0"                Y="0"                Width="1"                Height="533"> </Element>
                                        <Element ID="Box_01_BottomBorder"                                                        X="1"                Y="532"        Width="418"        Height="1"> </Element>
                                        <Element ID="Box_01_RightBorder"                                                        X="363"        Y="0"                Width="1"                Height="533"> </Element>
                                        <Element ID="Box_01_TopBorder"                                                                X="1"                Y="0"                Width="417"        Height="1"> </Element>
                                  </Element>
                                  <Element ID="Box_01_Empty_InnerShadow"                                X="1"                Y="1"                Width="366"        Height="566">
                                  </Element>
                                  <Element ID="Craft_Profession_Recipe_LB"                                        X="2"        Y="29"        Width="363"        Height="492"> </Element>
                                  <Element ID="Box_01_Empty_LeftBorder"                                        X="0"                Y="0"                Width="1"                Height="553"> </Element>

<Element ID="Craft_Profession_Recipe_SB"                                        X="364"        Y="29"        Width="10"        Height="492">
                                  </Element>

<Element ID="Box_01_Empty_BottomBorder"                                X="1"                Y="565"        Width="376"        Height="1"> </Element>
                                  <Element ID="Box_01_Empty_RightBorder"                                        X="376"        Y="0"                Width="1"                Height="566"> </Element>
                                  <Element ID="Box_01_Empty_TopBorder"                                        X="1"                Y="0"                Width="375"        Height="1"> </Element>
                                </Element>
                        </Element>

<Element ID="Craft_Prof2Page"                                X="6"                Y="27"        Width="376"        Height="529">
                                <Element ID="Craft_Profession_RecipeField"                                        X="0"                Y="0"                Width="376"        Height="553">
                                  <Element ID="Craft_TreeBox"                                                                                        X="1"        Y="27"        Width="365"        Height="494">
                                        <Element ID="Box_01_Background"                                                        X="1"                Y="1"                Width="365"        Height="492"> </Element>
                                        <Element ID="Box_01_InnerShadow"                                                        X="1"                Y="1"                Width="365"        Height="492">
                                        </Element>
                                        <Element ID="Box_01_LeftBorder"                                                                X="0"                Y="0"                Width="1"                Height="533"> </Element>
                                        <Element ID="Box_01_BottomBorder"                                                        X="1"                Y="532"        Width="418"        Height="1"> </Element>
                                        <Element ID="Box_01_RightBorder"                                                        X="363"        Y="0"                Width="1"                Height="533"> </Element>
                                        <Element ID="Box_01_TopBorder"                                                                X="1"                Y="0"                Width="418"        Height="1"> </Element>
                                  </Element>
                                  <Element ID="Box_01_Empty_InnerShadow"                                X="1"                Y="1"                Width="366"        Height="566">
                                  </Element>
                                  <Element ID="Craft_Profession_Recipe_LB"                                        X="2"        Y="29"        Width="363"        Height="492"> </Element>
                                  <Element ID="Box_01_Empty_LeftBorder"                                        X="0"                Y="0"                Width="1"                Height="553"> </Element>

<Element ID="Craft_Profession_Recipe_SB"                                        X="364"        Y="29"        Width="10"        Height="492">
                                  </Element>

<Element ID="Box_01_Empty_BottomBorder"                                X="1"                Y="565"        Width="376"        Height="1"> </Element>
                                  <Element ID="Box_01_Empty_RightBorder"                                        X="376"        Y="0"                Width="1"                Height="566"> </Element>
                                  <Element ID="Box_01_Empty_TopBorder"                                        X="1"                Y="0"                Width="376"        Height="1"> </Element>
                                </Element>
                        </Element>

<Element ID="Craft_Prof3Page"                                X="6"                Y="27"        Width="376"        Height="529">
                                        </Element>
                                        <Element ID="Box_01_TopBorder"                                                                X="1"                Y="0"                Width="418"        Height="1"> </Element>
                                  </Element>
                                  </Element>

</Element>

<Element ID="Box_01_Empty_TopBorder"                                        X="1"                Y="0"                Width="376"        Height="1"> </Element>
                                </Element>
                        </Element>

</Element>
  </Element>
</PanelFile>

</opt>

Edit: updated code and screen shoot for better alignment

Deewe 11-01-2010 08:03 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by The Old One (Post 5364)
I worked on it a little and got this quick change. It has a longer list and the tabs on 1 row but the panel itself is the same size as Turbines.

Most excellent, I was about to start doing the one row only tabs ;)