LoTROInterface

LoTROInterface (https://www.lotrointerface.com/forums/index.php)
-   Interface Help (L) (https://www.lotrointerface.com/forums/forumdisplay.php?f=3)
-   -   Update 10 blue highlighting on buttons. (https://www.lotrointerface.com/forums/showthread.php?t=1992)

AdalricLotro 03-12-2013 12:00 AM

Update 10 blue highlighting on buttons.

1 Attachment(s)
With update 10 my buttons now have blue highlights on the left and ride sides. Anyone know what got changed to cause this. Many thanks in adavance.

magill 03-13-2013 09:15 AM

Yes and no....

Buried way down at the end of the U10 Release notes:

* Graphics and Effects

Resolved a number of issues with openGL rendering.
Effect icons and map notes should no longer flicker when running with DX10 and DX11.

Has that effect always been there but broken?
Or was it part of the "box redesign" associated with Mithril Coins?

no idea.

Adra 03-13-2013 02:27 PM

From the new skinning pack for update 10 :

<Mapping ArtAssetID="buynow_button_highight" FileName="buynow_button_highight.tga"></Mapping>
<Mapping ArtAssetID="buynow_button_highight_ghost" FileName="buynow_button_highight_ghost.tga"></Mapping>
<Mapping ArtAssetID="buynow_button_highight_l" FileName="buynow_button_highight_l.tga"></Mapping>
<Mapping ArtAssetID="buynow_button_highight_l_medium" FileName="buynow_button_highight_l_medium.tga"></Mapping>
<Mapping ArtAssetID="buynow_button_highight_l_small" FileName="buynow_button_highight_l_small.tga"></Mapping>
<Mapping ArtAssetID="buynow_button_highight_medium" FileName="buynow_button_highight_medium.tga"></Mapping>
<Mapping ArtAssetID="buynow_button_highight_small" FileName="buynow_button_highight_small.tga"></Mapping>

Just link these new pictures to a blank file.

AdalricLotro 03-13-2013 07:31 PM

Thank you for the information Adra.

One other question. Is there a separate art file for the inventory bag border? If not, then what ArtAssetID(s) do I need to link to my own file(s)?

Wicked Mouse 03-14-2013 06:06 AM

Since you're such a good investigator, do you know what has happened to the various borders (bags and such) and backgrounds? My skin looks like a mess now :(

magill 03-14-2013 09:00 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Wicked Mouse (Post 8534)
Since you're such a good investigator, do you know what has happened to the various borders (bags and such) and backgrounds? My skin looks like a mess now :(

I'm not certain "which" question you are asking -- about skins you created or ones others have created.

Basically, with Update 10 the look of a large number of items have been "redesigned" (the stable master and options box come immediately to mind) consequently they will need to be "re-engineered" for any skin that uses them. Minimally Old assets will likely no longer "fit." Sadly, there is not an easy way to determine which these are, other than by "looking."

Adra 03-15-2013 04:37 AM

Hi,

the fix for the panels is very simple :)

There are some new borders introduced, with "_min' at the end of their name.
Just link them to their "twin brothers" border files which have the same name without the "_min" at the end.
Of course don't delete the old ones, they are still used.

Code:

<Mapping ArtAssetID="box_silver_bottom_left_noadorn_min"        FileName=""box_silver_bottom_left_noadorn.tga" />
<Mapping ArtAssetID="box_silver_bottom_min"                            FileName="box_silver_bottom.tga" />
<Mapping ArtAssetID="box_silver_lower_right_noadorn_min"        FileName="box_silver_lower_right_noadorn.tga" />
<Mapping ArtAssetID="box_silver_side_left_min"                            etc...
<Mapping ArtAssetID="box_silver_side_right_min"                               
<Mapping ArtAssetID="box_silver_upper_left_noadorn_min"               
<Mapping ArtAssetID="box_silver_upper_min"                                       
<Mapping ArtAssetID="box_silver_upper_right_noadorn_min"

and link these two files to a blank file (transparent) :

Code:

<Mapping ArtAssetID="base_box_center_silver_gradient"                       
<Mapping ArtAssetID="mithril_popup_box_bg_wide"

I did not found the new stable master panel background picture, if someone got it, I'd be glad to know which filename it is :)

Wicked Mouse 03-15-2013 08:52 AM

Thanks, Adra :) That solved the box outlines, just some windows still have a blue background :(

EDIT: oh wait, that's base box. You're a champ!

Leafchild 03-18-2013 09:44 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Adra (Post 8537)
Hi,

the fix for the panels is very simple :)

There are some new borders introduced, with "_min' at the end of their name.
Just link them to their "twin brothers" border files which have the same name without the "_min" at the end.
Of course don't delete the old ones, they are still used.

Code:

<Mapping ArtAssetID="box_silver_bottom_left_noadorn_min"        FileName=""box_silver_bottom_left_noadorn.tga" />
<Mapping ArtAssetID="box_silver_bottom_min"                            FileName="box_silver_bottom.tga" />
<Mapping ArtAssetID="box_silver_lower_right_noadorn_min"        FileName="box_silver_lower_right_noadorn.tga" />
<Mapping ArtAssetID="box_silver_side_left_min"                            etc...
<Mapping ArtAssetID="box_silver_side_right_min"                               
<Mapping ArtAssetID="box_silver_upper_left_noadorn_min"               
<Mapping ArtAssetID="box_silver_upper_min"                                       
<Mapping ArtAssetID="box_silver_upper_right_noadorn_min"

[...]

Please don't forget the other new "twin brothers" with an "_light" at the end. These are used by the Shop Window and - more importantly - the very usefull TitanBar plugin.

Code:

<Mapping ArtAssetID="box_silver_bottom_light"                FileName=""></Mapping>
<Mapping ArtAssetID="box_silver_bottom_left_light"        FileName=""></Mapping>
<Mapping ArtAssetID="box_silver_lower_right_light"        FileName=""></Mapping>
<Mapping ArtAssetID="box_silver_side_left_light"        FileName=""></Mapping>
<Mapping ArtAssetID="box_silver_side_right_light"        FileName=""></Mapping>
<Mapping ArtAssetID="box_silver_upper_light"                FileName=""></Mapping>
<Mapping ArtAssetID="box_silver_upper_left_light"        FileName=""></Mapping>
<Mapping ArtAssetID="box_silver_upper_right_light"        FileName=""></Mapping>
<Mapping ArtAssetID="base_box_center_silver_light"        FileName=""></Mapping>

Adra 03-18-2013 12:39 PM

Damn, you're right !

I missed it :o

Thank you very much Leafchild ! :)