LoTROInterface

LoTROInterface (https://www.lotrointerface.com/forums/index.php)
-   General Authoring Discussion (L) (https://www.lotrointerface.com/forums/forumdisplay.php?f=22)
-   -   UI Skinning art asset toolkit released! (https://www.lotrointerface.com/forums/showthread.php?t=275)

Frosty 06-25-2007 05:11 PM

UI Skinning art asset toolkit released!

For those users who want to try their hand at skinning the textures on the LOTRO UI, we have released a "UI skinning art pack". This zip file contains all of the art asset tgas and a SkinDefinition.xml file to help you get started.

You can download the file from here (scroll to the bottom of the page, under the "UI Customization Toolkit"):
http://www.lotro.com/index.php?page_id=98&siid=25

For information on skinning the UI (where to download and install, how to modify the file) see this page:
http://lotro.turbine.com/article/330

-P

Derida 06-25-2007 05:15 PM

nice... but what about this: http://forums.lotro.com/showpost.php...23&postcount=1 ?

Frosty 06-25-2007 05:17 PM

Dude, that's pretty uncouth to hijack my thread like that.

Yes, they have added REAL ui scaling in Book 10. Big whoop.

I'm kidding! It's big news but you can discuss it in your own thread!
-P

AstroCat 06-25-2007 06:32 PM

woot! :)

Could we please get a default:

<PanelFile ID="toolbar">

The current .xml file does not include the positioning information.
It would be super helpful to have the default coordinates and sizes to work from.

Thanks!

Frosty 06-25-2007 08:10 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by AstroCat (Post 1264)
woot! :)

Could we please get a default:

<PanelFile ID="toolbar">

The current .xml file does not include the positioning information.
It would be super helpful to have the default coordinates and sizes to work from.

Thanks!

This is the SKINNING ui art pack. For replacing textures.

When a full positioning and sizing guide is available, we'll post it. All of the tgas are supplied in the art pack. Doesn't that give you all of the sizes you need? Or are you looking for me to throw together a list of the art asset ids and their sizes as part of the art pack?

-P

AstroCat 06-25-2007 10:21 PM

I see... the skinning art pack is great, no problems there. :)

I believe what I am looking for is a template of the frame size and positions. Basically what was used to make the default setup. That way we would have a starting point for our mods.

Just like your example .xml but set up for the default layout. It looks like a full positioning and sizing guide is what I will be waiting for. :) Thanks.

Frosty 06-25-2007 10:27 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by AstroCat (Post 1269)
I see... the skinning art pack is great, no problems there. :)

I believe what I am looking for is a template of the frame size and positions. Basically what was used to make the default setup. That way we would have a starting point for our mods.

Just like your example .xml but set up for the default layout. It looks like a full positioning and sizing guide is what I will be waiting for. :) Thanks.

Right. We haven't released anything like that yet. And if the approval process goes anything like the art pack, check back in 2008. (I'm kidding, I love our legal team!) I'm trying to get this exposed to our users as well, the wheels of the machine take time to grease, if you get my meaning.

-P

Aalwein 06-25-2007 11:25 PM

lawyers ... sometimes I imagine a world without lawyers ...

butterflies, dancing, singing, flowers....

but that would be a rather, erm, silly place. (enter Camelot from Search for the Holy Grail)

TOP-Proto 06-26-2007 02:55 AM

great news, i will be using this skinset in my application :) (and i was just about to start the skin viewer code tonight :D

Ravenhall 06-26-2007 02:15 PM

Thank You!!!

/thank Frosty
/thank Frosty
/thank Frosty
/thank Frosty
/thank Frosty

Is there a limit of 5 /thanks per day for the Accomplishment Title "Most Loved Dev" ????
:D

Gloradan 05-04-2009 03:37 AM

Hi to all of you!

First, may you please excuse my English. I'm from France, player on Sirannon server FR.

I (some months ago) made a UI skin SPECIAL for my fellowship. Everybody was happy and the result was good.

I'd like to know if there is a way to dowload the FULL interface basics. Where can I dowload the entire and full basic interface of LOTRO??

Now, Book 7 of the volume 2. There is some changes! (Lothlorien and multi Moria tips for Accomplishments panel... Legendary items xp interface, Quest radar etc.) Is it possible (each time a update of the game is done) to download the entire and full version of the BASIC interface??? Where can I find it?

Thanks for your answers!

Brygard2007 05-04-2009 05:15 AM

Gloradan:

Moria skin pack March 18 2009.

Gloradan 05-05-2009 06:34 AM

Thanks so much!
Where do you find that kind of source..? :confused:

Brygard2007 05-05-2009 10:50 AM

Frosty always post right after an update of the UI when avialable.
You can always find them under the tab on top of the page.

Click downloads then scroll down to the section for lotro and click
the forum topic LotRO Developer Utilities then will give you a list of all the old and the new UI zip pack from Frosty.

Make sure you check the dates before you get the zip,that way you won't download an old release.

Gloradan 07-09-2009 05:48 AM

Thanks so much to you ^^
I have more questions about Skining, but answers I dan't find... :-(
I'll open new topics about this... ;-)

Gloradan 07-10-2009 07:58 AM

Here I'm back again (I'm not Bilbo ^^)

I wander... I do not find (for exemple) the focusses for Hunters on that release of art asset.. Is there any reason for that missing part? There are many things missing. Are they supposed to be default ones?

Is there any wau to have a absolutly and really FULL objects release of the basic skin of Lotro or not??!

The thing I'd like to find is (even if it can apear to everybody else) a FULL basic skin of Lotro with ALL the TGAs including Destiny pts armor increase illustration for exemple and everything else. Does someone understand what I need to find? Does someone has any way to help me for that?

Brygard2007 07-10-2009 09:57 AM

What your looking for hunter are files called fervor_9_Pips_1pips.tga to fervor_9_Pips_9pips check the pic.

The fervor_5_Pips_1pips.tga are for champions.

There are some missing art from the zip and Frosty tries to release the full set as possible but there were some system errors that wouldnt give out the full art and panel id correctly.

We are waiting for Frosty to release the new version of the Moria book 8 that has more art that are missing and corrected panle ID's and Frosty is tweaking the system to give out the full art as possible.

We just have to wait,I already post in the official forums as to when we will recieve it.

So far no responds,could be Frosty is busy cause this is the first time Frosty been late to release an update of the zip pack.

Frosty 07-15-2009 12:24 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Brygard2007 (Post 3445)
So far no responds,could be Frosty is busy cause this is the first time Frosty been late to release an update of the zip pack.

Whoops! It could also be that I'm old and I forgot...

Uploading now...

-P

Brygard2007 07-15-2009 02:30 PM

Ah!
Its good to hear you,great thanks for your hard work Frosty.
Thank you.:):D

Grimgroth 07-17-2009 04:54 AM

It seems that the ID_UISkin_SelectionMiniVitals (selection's target) is not in the book 8 SkinDictionary. The one wich was in the book 7 SkinDictionary still doesn't work for moving elements such as the name or vitals. Any workaround ?

On the other hand, the elements of the radarbox can be moved now, and that's fine :)

Frosty 07-17-2009 02:46 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Grimgroth (Post 3453)
It seems that the ID_UISkin_SelectionMiniVitals (selection's target) is not in the book 8 SkinDictionary. The one wich was in the book 7 SkinDictionary still doesn't work for moving elements such as the name or vitals. Any workaround ?

The selection's vital window was accidentally omitted in the recent version. I've added it back in.

-P

Grimgroth 07-23-2009 03:02 AM

I can't find the ID_UISkin_FellowMiniTemplate (non-raid fellowship box) in the book 8 SkinDictionary file ... has it been renamed ?

And the Moria Book 8 UI Skin Art file available is still the one dated of 07-15-2009 ;)

Thayilis 03-26-2010 12:38 PM

I'm having trouble skinning the mail box background as in when you first open the mailbox. I am currently using Firefern's UI skin with the enlarged mailbox and I think I am just missing the ArtAsset code line for that part of the mailbox (if there is one lol) that links the tga image that I have made for it. I have thoroughly looked through this site and the LotRo site in hopes that I just missed it somewhere lol.

Hopefully I explained this right lol but any assistance with this would be greatly appreciated!! :)

Thanks in advance,

--Thay

Deewe 03-26-2010 01:30 PM

There you go:

<Mapping ArtAssetID="mail_base_home" FileName="..\Graphics\firefern_mail_base_home.tga" "></Mapping>

As a hint for others issues you may have:
once you get the name of the pic (browsing them) search for it in the skindefinition.xlm file it will give you the correct ArtAssetID.

(edited ;) )

Thayilis 03-26-2010 01:45 PM

Awesome! Thanks so much! :)

But I am still a bit of a newb when it comes to some aspects of these skins so I have no idea what the skindefintion.xls file is lol. Is that the same thing as the skindefinition.xml is just opened with a different extension and program? Or is it something really simplistic that I am missing? lol

Thanks again! :)
--Thay

daimon 03-26-2010 02:50 PM

Deewe just made a typo I think :) Skindefinition.xml is the file you're supposed to look at

Thayilis 03-26-2010 03:17 PM

lol! :D Thanks Daimon

Deewe 03-26-2010 08:22 PM

Ahem... lol!

Sokos 11-06-2010 10:10 AM

Did the UI toolkit get removed with the new site? The links in the OP don't work and I get no matches when searching the new lotro site.

Wicked Mouse 11-06-2010 10:42 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Sokos (Post 5420)
Did the UI toolkit get removed with the new site? The links in the OP don't work and I get no matches when searching the new lotro site.

Frosty uploads, every now and then, the latest art asset pack to LOTROinterface.com:
http://www.lotrointerface.com/downlo...inArtPack.html

Sokos 11-06-2010 11:14 AM

Thanks Wicked Mouse. I had actually downloaded that earlier but missed the xml and text files in it.

Side question, what tool do you use for editing and formatting the xml? I have notepad++ but that doesn't really help with the formatting.

Wicked Mouse 11-06-2010 11:26 AM

I just use EditPlus 2, something similar to Notepad++

Estewyn 01-23-2011 12:35 PM

this link doesn't work anymore, I think.

I have the graphic files but would like to see the sample xml file.

daimon 01-23-2011 01:35 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Estewyn (Post 6062)
this link doesn't work anymore, I think.
I have the graphic files but would like to see the sample xml file.

not sure but perhaps this link answers to your question
Quote:

Originally Posted by Wicked Mouse (Post 5421)
Frosty uploads, every now and then, the latest art asset pack to LOTROinterface.com:
http://www.lotrointerface.com/downloads/info399-V3B2UISkinArtPack.html

There's Skindefinition.xml (art asset id's) and SkinDictionary.txt (element id's) in the pack that are the ones you're probably looking for.

Estewyn 01-23-2011 02:29 PM

I'm blind. Thanks. I have that pack but missed the skindefinition file inside. That's exactly what I was looking for...and all the panel, too. nice

daimon 01-23-2011 02:36 PM

It's really easy to miss those files in skinpack if you don't know they are there.. there's just so many other files in the pack they get lost in the mass ^^