LoTROInterface

LoTROInterface (https://www.lotrointerface.com/forums/index.php)
-   General Authoring Discussion (L) (https://www.lotrointerface.com/forums/forumdisplay.php?f=22)
-   -   Any Idea what Happened to MoorMaps and HugeBag (https://www.lotrointerface.com/forums/showthread.php?t=1511)

jeredwolffe 05-29-2011 09:10 PM

Any Idea what Happened to MoorMaps and HugeBag

Evening everyone,

I know its the author's choice whether to keep a plugin here, but as I check the plugin pages daily for updates, I noticed immediately that those 2, MoorMaps and HugeBags had gone awol. Does anyone have any idea what happened and/or why? I'm sure everyone found them as useful as I.

Jered Wolffe

The Old One 05-29-2011 10:22 PM

things fall off the page when an update is being posted

daimon 05-30-2011 09:00 AM

Best way to keep track on your favorite plugins/skins is to add them to your favorites on this site

Garan 05-30-2011 11:04 AM

Yep, whenever we post a new version, the plugin disappears from the general lists until the file passes LoTRO Interface's virus/malware tests.

If you add the plugin to your Favorites, you will be able to see that it has an "Update Pending" status. If you click on a favorite with the Update Pending status, you will get the plugins page and be able to read any description changes as well as download old versions but you can't get the new version until it is approved.

Additionally, the number of people with a plugin in their Favorites is another fairly good gauge of how popular the plugin really is. Many people forget to rate a plugin, but if they have it on their Favorites list it means they liked it enough to look for updates.

MrJackdaw 05-30-2011 12:49 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Garan (Post 6549)
Additionally, the number of people with a plugin in their Favorites is another fairly good gauge of how popular the plugin really is. Many people forget to rate a plugin, but if they have it on their Favorites list it means they liked it enough to look for updates.

I wonder how many other authors, having read this, ran to check how their plugins measured up and felt a deep seated sinking feeling...?

Garan 05-30-2011 01:20 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by MrJackdaw (Post 6550)
I wonder how many other authors, having read this, ran to check how their plugins measured up and felt a deep seated sinking feeling...?

Hmmm. Well, hopefully none. I like to think they all rushed to check, saw at least one and felt elation that at least one person thought their work was worth following :D And if they saw 0, they slyly looked left, then right, then clicked the "Add to Favorites" button for themselves :cool:

MrJackdaw 05-30-2011 03:35 PM

*laughs* Yes, there is at least one for each of mine! Nice way to make the glass half-full!

Tyrolit 06-24-2011 12:47 AM

oops realised I hadn't been adding to favorites or rating, so check again guys, your count has gone up by at least 1 now :)