LoTROInterface

LoTROInterface (https://www.lotrointerface.com/forums/index.php)
-   Released Interfaces (L) (https://www.lotrointerface.com/forums/forumdisplay.php?f=12)
-   -   Skin based on WoW (https://www.lotrointerface.com/forums/showthread.php?t=102)

Asghaard 04-11-2007 09:43 AM

Skin based on WoW

Hi all !
(sorry for my english)

I find that LotRO icons aren't very beautiful, that's why I try to make my first Skin.

Here is a preview of my skin inspirated by the World of Warcraft Interface User.

I don't know if I will propose my skin in the future.
For the moment, i'm only testing it with the LotRo Skin Viewer by D.H1cks but I need some others functions in this tool.

CodeName : WoWStyle

Main changes (buttons and bags) :

D.H1cks 04-11-2007 10:08 AM

Looks good!

Glad you find my tool useful. Hope to have an updated version soon for you.

Dolby 04-11-2007 12:40 PM

That is looking really nice Asghaard. I'm sure many that have grown accustom to wow's interface will appreciate your work.

tug 04-12-2007 01:25 AM

Looks great any idea how long before you have a file ready (beta or other).
;) :rolleyes: :) :D

Asghaard 04-12-2007 02:11 AM

For the moment, I have only finished the bottom bar.

I will certainly propose different options in my final skin.
One skin with grey icons when they are inactive and an other version with colored icon in normal position.

My next step is to modify windows appearance.

I'm waiting the next version of the Skin Viewer or on April 14 to test in game. I hope that the beta version of my skin could be complete this week end (in the evening) even if I think that I will play LotRO because I only played a character until the 5 level (1-2 days of beta :o ).

(tell me if my english is too bad !)

Kaylan 04-12-2007 03:26 AM

I have to agree with you and the LOTRO icons not being the most pleasant. I also may be biased towards the WoW icons since I played it too, so it's hard to break habits and what I'm familiar with.

Nice idea, Asghaard, I look forward to seeing the results!

Oh and your English is just fine. :)

Daelina 04-12-2007 07:08 AM

I want that skins when done :)

Asghaard 04-12-2007 08:37 AM

I have made the auto_attack button and a new picture for comparaison :

(clic on the picture above to see in normal size)

I can easily change the attack icon for another (there is a lot of other and I tooke the first that I saw)

(in english, we write "clic" or "click")
(in french it's "clic")

seanwcom 04-12-2007 08:55 AM

Very nice! I can't believe how terrible the default UI is, this one is MUCH better. Good job!

moukow 04-12-2007 11:00 AM

Awesome.

I'm very excited about this skin pack Asghaard. I love how much of the... weird designs you got rid of. What you've got shown so far looks just like how I changed out my WoW interface to look using Bartender3. The swords display you chose works perfectly... it's too bad that it's not easily customized from some sort of options menu in game. It'd be cool to choose what auto-attack button you'd like to have based on your class.

I'm really hoping that you can remove the "stuff" from around the player unit frames. The big circles and so forth are pretty nasty looking. I wanted to move my vitals around today, but if I want to sit my vitals in the center of my screen it blocks everything out and it looks as though I'm fighting a picture of me :eek:

Also I'm hoping that you can remove stuff from around the map.

I'm sure you're already planning that, but I just want to say that I'm excited about the possibility.

And by the way, your English is just fine! Heck... I can understand you better than I can understand my 17 year old sister - and she's a native speaker :p

Keep up the good work!

Asghaard 04-12-2007 04:05 PM

Thanks a lot for your comments.

I'm exiting to test my skin in game to propose you a beta-version.

Quote:

Originally Posted by moukow (Post 514)
It'd be cool to choose what auto-attack button you'd like to have based on your class.

Not possible to choose with my actual skin without Photoshop and re-design it but I think that it's almost easily possible by another way.

Edit : after 2 hours of work, I forced to constat that it's to difficult to make it easily :confused: sorry but it's because of my transparent background.

Luna 04-12-2007 05:50 PM

I don't know if its possible or not, but looking at your skin I know if it is. You definetly have the skills to do it.

One thing I'm really wanting is the Player / Fellowship frame to have a different skin. Something closer to the one in this pic: WoW Player Frame

I play a minstrel and man this would be great if it was possible. The Avatar wouldn't even have to be used, but mainly the morale/power bars being bigger and the #'s inside / percentage on the outside. Which I believe can only be done with scripting. Anything close would rock.

Asghaard 04-12-2007 06:59 PM

that's not possible to change the unit frame or minimap (and many other frames but I'm only play twice (a couple of hour) and I don't know all the interface fonctions and frames.

What we can change, at this moment, is :

Already modified
  • Bottom Bar
  • Auto Attack Button/Icon
  • System Buttons
  • Bag Buttons (and appearance of the bags box)
  • Bag pictutres
  • Main Box Title Bar
  • Main Box Outline

Can't test it for the moment
  • Main Box Close Button
  • Instant Message Button
  • Universal UI Tabs (Small and Normal)
  • Main UI Button
  • Tooltip Border
  • Chat Elements
  • Mail "Item" Backgrounds (Not Window BG, that's Black Translucent)
  • Auction Money Panel

moukow 04-12-2007 08:46 PM

Hey man! Thanks for trying =)

I didn't actually expect you to try, but it's cool that you did. I guess what would need to be done is actually have 7 different skin sets, each with JUST that button changed... but that would be all too much work for no real return. (Can you imagine, in a skin set that you had several options a person might want to change, you'd have to create a different skin set for every possible combination of options! :( )

Still very excited about what you've got so far. I'm tempted to jump into Skinviewer and see what I can do with it myself... maybe I can change that button after all. :D

I'm surprised though... you've only played for two hours? Can't wait to see what you come up with after playing for a while and have some time to get the creative flowing.

Asghaard 04-13-2007 02:32 AM

If I have time, I will try again ...

I'm not far from a good result but it's not possible to just take an icon and put him, it was my goal (because original wow icon are square and my button's shape is circular).

But if the icon that we will take is redrawn with circular shape, it will work. One will be obliged to use a drawing software but I think that I can perhaps propose you an other mean.

It will come in another version ...

auutumn 04-13-2007 02:41 PM

Great job Asghaard, I really can't wait to see your final project and start using it; it is truly superior to the default UI that we have to use.

Asghaard 04-13-2007 03:36 PM

For those who want to test my WoW Style interface, I just have uploaded it here.

notice that it's not a final version ... but for the moment, I would like to play ;)

Daelina 04-13-2007 08:58 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Asghaard (Post 508)
I have made the auto_attack button and a new picture for comparaison :

(clic on the picture above to see in normal size)

I can easily change the attack icon for another (there is a lot of other and I tooke the first that I saw)

(in english, we write "clic" or "click")
(in french it's "clic")

How I can put my skills switch on the sacond bar ? each time I try it's dosnt stay there.

And when i go get my skills again the 3 other bar from LOTRO overight it.

Thanks and very nice skin

Asghaard 04-14-2007 03:36 AM

copy of Taffu's explanations
Quote:

Originally Posted by Taffu (and Kaylan)

A couple of people are unfamiliar with moving the UI bars to align with the skin and Caldric's directions are perfect for it:

To do so, once you replace the skin, you want to follow these steps:

1) Open your Main Menu
2) Go to "UI Settings"
3) Go to "Quickslot Bars"
4) Select the Bar you wish to use (1-5)
5) On that Bar, check "Always Show" and make sure it's not docked
6) Add an Ability to that bar (for alignment purposes)
7) Use "Ctrl+\" to unlock your UI
8) Drag the Quickslot Bar into the Bottom Bar graphic and align it
9) Lock your UI and you're ready to go!

Daelina 04-14-2007 03:09 PM

ahhh Tks :)

Asghaard 04-15-2007 09:37 AM

Version 1.0

Here is my 1.0 version.

And I'll finally be able to begin to play :D

auutumn 04-17-2007 09:05 PM

I was wondering if you'll be able to modify enough of the UI so that it could resemble the default WOW layout.

Asghaard 04-18-2007 02:03 AM

For the moment, I'm continuing to skin the interface "for me" (even if I don't take time to play)

In the future, I will try to make something like WoW but dimensions are not ever compatible.

We can say that my skin is actually "inspired by WoW".

===========================

My 2.0 version is coming soon (in 1 or 2 days).
I'm working on the social pannel, vendor pannel, etc ...
And for the minimap, I will be only visible for the human start level (or perhaps for an other race when we have no hope and no dread)

===========================

WANTED :
Like I often said, I'm french and it's sometimes difficult to make good explanations.
I'm searching for someone who can write/correct/modify me a description of my UI and of my differents updates.

But can I write it in french ?

Asghaard 04-23-2007 04:39 AM

Hello,

This week-end, I did not have time to finalize the second version of my interface.
The official release of LOTRO falls tomorrow and I will not buy it because I do not hope to play LOTRO more time.

Consequently, I could not entirely finish my last version. :(

However, I will upload my new version in few days (perhaps tomorrow). I could not test the Trade frame because my character have no job.

Progressively than I made my skin, I could notice that, for my point of view, the interface is very limited for skinning. Many picture (especially selection pictures) use the same pictures with different sizes ! It's impossible to make a well adapted skin.

Sorry for my not "finished skin". :o

Cairenn 04-23-2007 07:45 AM

I'm sorry to hear you won't be continuing with the game and thus (I presume) with the skin. =/

Safe travels. :)

Daelina 04-23-2007 09:36 PM

Vraiment domage car je l'aime :(

Asghaard 04-28-2007 02:35 PM

version 2.0

Here is my final 2.0 version

No project to continue this skin because I will not buy the game :( .

Loekii 05-06-2007 08:06 PM

Is someone going to take over where Asghaard left off?

lost45 05-08-2007 04:27 AM

please say it is so!!

AstroCat 05-08-2007 07:06 AM

I kept working on his UI, but I've tweaked it to use as my own. I don't use all the same parts and I've changed some of the graphics.

I PM'ed Asghaard to ask if I could release it but I didn't get a reply.

lost45 05-08-2007 11:39 AM

He probably no longer checks the site, or does so only once in a great moon.

Grimholm 05-08-2007 12:54 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Loekii (Post 849)
Is someone going to take over where Asghaard left off?

I'm still trying to get into LOTRO-Skinning. Unfortunately I don't have much time right now. Currently I'm using Ashgaards theme cuz it's simply great, but due to the lack of time and expierence I've only changed simple things so far like removing all icons from the letterbox (only quickbars in use) and the bag-icons (cuz they hide the text in the german version).

In the future I'd like to change some rollovers and backgrounds and fix some bugs of course. And I hope, that it will be possible to change/remove the combat-indicator, the healthbars and the "hope status" of the radar.

AstroCat 05-08-2007 01:20 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by lost45 (Post 865)
He probably no longer checks the site, or does so only once in a great moon.

He responded and said we can use his UI but to give him credit if we release a new one that uses his parts. :)

lost45 05-08-2007 01:43 PM

Oh, happy day!!! :D

Bunnyhugger 08-20-2007 12:41 AM

Could someone mod this Ui so it only has the single action bar.:)

Deewe 09-21-2007 08:52 AM

Hello,

you can check my skin Yessh it is based on Asghaard great UI.

I done many improvments, and I'm trying to make addons for special requests.

Passatuner 09-22-2007 04:39 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Bunnyhugger (Post 1700)
Could someone mod this Ui so it only has the single action bar.:)

Maybe my mod is something for you. It has my Intergrated hotbar, which is a hotbar with 24 slots on one row, no buttons for bags, journal and so one, just a plain good lookin hotbar with integrated focus- and ferourmeter. It's on the mose Wowishlooking interface out there...

You'll find it here: http://www.lotrointerface.com/downlo...sWoWKombo.html
or if you only want the hotbar here: http://www.lotrointerface.com/downlo...tandalone.html