LoTROInterface

LoTROInterface (https://www.lotrointerface.com/forums/index.php)
-   Beta Interfaces (L) (https://www.lotrointerface.com/forums/forumdisplay.php?f=16)
-   -   Hobbit skin "Delving Hills" (https://www.lotrointerface.com/forums/showthread.php?t=551)

wavecutter 02-25-2008 01:23 PM

Lol, fair enough. What are your plans after you complete this interface modification? Will you do others? Also, are you an artist by profession?

Wicked Mouse 02-25-2008 01:56 PM

Been thinking about a Captain UI. But that's just some idea that has been going through my mind once, seeing all the available graphics in the Book 12 UI pack. I'm no professional graphics designer, though I'd love to be able to make (enough) money with it :)

Kirsche 02-25-2008 04:20 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by wavecutter (Post 2451)
Now the really important question, when can we download this gem and use it?

soon™

:D

Wicked Mouse 02-27-2008 11:56 AM

Latest update: some "tweaks"

I wasn't satisfied with the "pips", too small and you really have to be able to easily glance at it and see how much you have (yes I've been testing my UI mostly recently).

I made the fervour for the champion as well:

And here's the dread minimap "in action":

I haven't tweaked too much at the dread ones, though I removed some "light" (white) from the minimap.. had too much similarity with hope. I also adjusted the glow on the hope minimap. Here's a sample of 5 hope:

I hope you like it :)

OarisJM 02-27-2008 12:13 PM

Quote:

I hope you like it :)
Love it! I like your changes to the little banners/pips too - think the champions' turned out the best of them.

We wants it preciousssss!

Supermax 02-27-2008 02:41 PM

Dude, such a great job.

When I first rolled a hobbit I looked for a UI like this and couldn't find one. I attemtped to make one myself but decided to get caught up with school instead (it also sucked. lol)

I may just reroll a hobbit so I can use your UI once it's done.

Props

Cleitanious 02-27-2008 03:28 PM

This UI is great. :)

Itanius 02-28-2008 12:32 AM

Wow, this UI looks fantastic! Keep up the great work! :D

daimon 02-28-2008 03:56 AM

starting to feel some publishing pressures my buddy ? :>

can't wait to see it complite but polish it as long as you like.

How about making the autoattack button as a hobbit door and when you enter a combat it opens and a angry drunken hobbit peeks out from it shaking his mug of ale :D

Wicked Mouse 02-28-2008 07:12 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by daimon (Post 2471)
How about making the autoattack button as a hobbit door and when you enter a combat it opens and a angry drunken hobbit peeks out from it shaking his mug of ale :D

Heheh.. I'll see if I'll change it. Yet have to do the dialog/UI boxes :) Maybe I'll change the system buttons and bag buttons too, but that's no high priority for me now :)

Wicked Mouse 02-28-2008 01:05 PM

Changed the "tabs" of the accomplishment book. Tried to make distinctive icons to (more) easily recognise the areas.

Cleitanious 02-28-2008 03:31 PM

wow. Very nice job.

Next you could do a Gondor UI skin :) :p:p:p

Wicked Mouse 02-28-2008 04:26 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Cleitanious (Post 2474)
wow. Very nice job.

Next you could do a Gondor UI skin :) :p:p:p

Yeah a Rohan + Gondor Captain skin has been crossing my mind :)

Deewe 02-28-2008 05:56 PM

I can hardly wait to see the final product.

I'm for one addict of minimal UI but your skin is so awesome that I'll make an exeption with it. I'm even considerating to roll a nice hobbit ;)

Achazia 02-29-2008 02:51 PM

Hi!

This is Awesome. I love it in other words. You are very talented!:)

Wicked Mouse 03-03-2008 03:23 PM

I've been working a bit on the "boxes", including the "titlebar".

The graphics for it are 42 pixels high and the sides 35 pixels width, but in some places they're cropped, unlike the bags.. any veteran skinners got an explination/solution? :confused: Or just don't make em any bigger..?

Wicked Mouse 03-05-2008 10:31 AM

I've altered the titlebar so it would fit into the "restricted area" of the options title:

And this is how it looks like on a bag/chest then:

wavecutter 03-05-2008 12:14 PM

looking fantastic

Wicked Mouse 03-05-2008 04:39 PM

Made a separator for the menus. And yes I'm kinda liking the leaves-thing :p ..and the menu for the IMs. I'll revamp the button too eventually of course :)

Achazia 03-05-2008 07:10 PM

Wow..Im speachless!! This is so cute! I must say you have done an exellent job Wicked Mouse (10 out of 10 stars from me!)

daimon 03-06-2008 05:30 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Achazia (Post 2503)
Wow..Im speachless!! This is so cute! I must say you have done an exellent job Wicked Mouse (10 out of 10 stars from me!)

I have nothing to add for the above comment. Kickass job Mouse

Kirsche 03-06-2008 06:19 AM

Very nice work! It is a very hobbit-y theme and looks wonderful. Looking forward to a release...I want to pilfer your deed tab/icon changes to use with my current UI mix. :D

Wicked Mouse 03-06-2008 09:06 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Kirsche (Post 2508)
I want to pilfer your deed tab/icon changes to use with my current UI mix. :D

Heh .. I hope you're planning to make your own :D The code and images are out there in the Turbine UI pack, so you don't need to wait ;)

Kirsche 03-06-2008 11:49 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Wicked Mouse (Post 2509)
Heh .. I hope you're planning to make your own :D The code and images are out there in the Turbine UI pack, so you don't need to wait ;)

No, I wasn't planning on it. Apparently you seem to think I wanted to steal them and redistribute them as my own, which is definitely not the intent. I just liked the more distinct white icons on the bookmark-like tabs (deed/accomplish panel) rather than the hard-to-distinguish tiny round icons that are default, and wanted to use that particular attribute of your design in my personal mix of stuff that I use as a UI.

Wicked Mouse 03-06-2008 01:46 PM

Sure, you're free to use the idea of using icons :) Reason I did it was indeed because I had a hard time clicking the right tab. Purple/pink was Evendim, black was Angmar and white was Misties, but apart from that it was a mere guess :)

Cleitanious 03-06-2008 02:44 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Wicked Mouse (Post 2513)
Sure, you're free to use the idea of using icons :) Reason I did it was indeed because I had a hard time clicking the right tab. Purple/pink was Evendim, black was Angmar and white was Misties, but apart from that it was a mere guess :)

Unfortunately its impossible to prevent someone from mixing and matching different UI elements from different authors in their game, but if someone wanted to redistribute those said elements against your will, first the site admins would remove them and possibly even ban them from the site and second it's technicially theft of intellectual property.

daimon 03-07-2008 07:03 AM

I don't think that Wicked Mouse ment it that way in the first place.

If Im not totally wrong I'm guessing that we share the same thoughts here.

It's ok for people to modify the UI's for personal use ofcourse. Getting the parts that you like from different UI's and combine them together so you get your own personalized UI. I dont think there's nothing wrong with that and even if there was it would be impossible to prevent. I am not sure but I have a feeling that most (if not all) of the authors here would even encourage to do this.

But if we want to debate more of this topic lets make a new thread for it and leave this one for Wicked Mouse's UI.

Wicked Mouse 03-08-2008 12:47 PM

I finally got to texturing the "textbuttons":

And also did the NPC note parchment:

Objects with (high) priority left to do:
-Tabs
-Selection graphics
-Character journal elements

After I done those I tihnk I'm ready to publish it :)

wavecutter 03-08-2008 03:46 PM

This is turning out to be one of the most awesome and detailed interface mods I have ever seen. Really, it is on par with T. King.

Wicked Mouse 03-09-2008 10:51 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by wavecutter (Post 2540)
[..] and detailed interface mods [..]

That's what I intended to do :p

I've done the tabs now:

The Scyphozoa 03-09-2008 11:27 AM

Sweet! I'll use this on any Hobbit characters.

djet13 03-10-2008 05:53 PM

Great lookin!

Hey, this skin is looking very nice and look forward to using it for my hobbits!

One thing and you may have already noticed and fixed it is that on the tabs on the far right side of each one you can sorta see a line in the image. Just a small detail that caught my eye.

Keep up the good work!

Wicked Mouse 03-10-2008 08:04 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by djet13 (Post 2565)
One thing and you may have already noticed and fixed it is that on the tabs on the far right side of each one you can sorta see a line in the image. Just a small detail that caught my eye.

I haven't really paid that much close attention yet :) I'll change the wood structure so it won't show as much.

Wicked Mouse 03-15-2008 06:50 PM

- I've done some vitals (normal, swarm and friendly signature)
- I've "corrected" the wood structure in the tabs, as pointed out by djet13

Do you think I should publish and upload it already as it is now? Or wait until I done all the vitals and possible graphics (some blue backgrounds here and there)?

Dyrnwynn 03-15-2008 08:42 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Wicked Mouse (Post 2592)
Do you think I should publish and upload it already as it is now? Or wait until I done all the vitals and possible graphics (some blue backgrounds here and there)?

Please, please publish now. I'd really love to have this mod. I'll certainly check back for updated versions, but I just can;t wait any longer. Pretty-please?

Wicked Mouse 03-15-2008 08:56 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Dyrnwynn (Post 2593)
Please, please but I just can;t wait any longer. Pretty-please?

Heh is it that bad? :D

Just made enemy sig too:

Sloppy Joe 03-15-2008 11:26 PM

Greets,

Normally I'm a minimalist type of person...But from what I have seen so far, I will definately give this a go....It's the details. It's looking to be a complete skin, and everything looks good and the whole thing flows. You've done an awesome job so far.

As far as releasing it, you could always release a "beta" version at first. That way you get some testing done by mulitple people, on different hardware at different resolutions doing different things etc. That way you are able to get the feedback and/or requests, and make any resulting tweaks while you are still developing it :)

djet13 03-16-2008 08:56 AM

I'm with ^

Well I agree. Publish it, but as publish it as a beta and give explicit notices that it is BETA so it won't be perfect, then once you have it perfect you can just release it as a normal skin. Just my two pence.

Wicked Mouse 03-16-2008 01:06 PM

Added some more vitals (elite, master elite (good and enemy)), some small tweaks here and there. I'll prepare it for publishing very soon :)

Cairenn 03-16-2008 04:09 PM

Beta version available.