LoTROInterface

LoTROInterface (https://www.lotrointerface.com/forums/index.php)
-   Interface Help (L) (https://www.lotrointerface.com/forums/forumdisplay.php?f=3)
-   -   Game not seeing the UI mod. (https://www.lotrointerface.com/forums/showthread.php?t=392)

Aalwein 09-10-2007 07:36 PM

i dunno if this will work, but try removing the special characters from the folder name. perhaps just cut it down to:

C:\Documents and Settings\Mine\My Documents\The Lord of the Rings Online\ui\skins\nui

there is a user pref file and such in the ..\The Lord of the Rings Online\ folder right?

Tenebrous 09-10-2007 09:25 PM

same

I am having the same problem. Im relatively experienced in installing ui's/mods and the instructions for installing lotro skins are very simple, however under ui settings/misc, there are no options for me to select in the dropdown menu.

this is an example of the file structure i have

C:\Program Files\Turbine\The Lord of the Rings Online\ui\skins\FenirWood

is there a place to enable uis that is not in current faqs? i have changed alot of settings under options prior to trying to load a skin.

Rotorin 09-11-2007 06:03 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Aalwein (Post 1811)
i dunno if this will work, but try removing the special characters from the folder name. perhaps just cut it down to:

C:\Documents and Settings\Mine\My Documents\The Lord of the Rings Online\ui\skins\nui

there is a user pref file and such in the ..\The Lord of the Rings Online\ folder right?

Aalwein, hello, the second skin set I tried does not have special characters, and it still did not work. Yes, there is userpref file in the Lotro folder. I am attaching its contents in the hopes someone notices something. Thank you for your interst.

Code:

[Sound]
DMTextVolume=1.00
MaxPlayingSounds=61
SoundFeatures=Hardware
SoundDisabled=False
EAXEnabled=True
UIVolume=0.10
SoundProvider=OpenAL
MusicVolume=0.12
MusicDisabled=False
SoundVolume=0.62
PlayerMusicVolume=1.00
VOVolume=1.00
[Render]
PermaBloomIntensity=0.00
LandscapeShoreEffects=High
ModelDetail=UltraHigh
MultiPassDistance=15.00
Contrast=1.00
ObjectDrawDistance=UltraHigh
DisplayAdapter=0
SurfaceReflections=UltraHigh
MeshCombining=True
GlowMapping=True
MultiPassStencilShadows=True
Gamma=1.01
StencilShadows=UltraHigh
AllowGammaChanges=True
Brightness=1.00
FrillDistance=UltraHigh
AspectRatio=16x9
TextureFiltering=Anisotropic
AtmosphericsDetail=High
LandscapeDrawDistance=VeryHigh
VideoPostEffects=True
MaterialDetail=High
EnvironmentStencilShadows=True
MaxHardwareClass=0
OverbrightBloomFilter=True
LandscapeStaticObjectShadows=High
BlobShadows=True
AnisotropicFilterQuality=1
AnimationDetail=High
TextureDetail=High
MultiPassLighting=True
SpecularLighting=True
BlurFilterQuality=High
MemoryUsage=0.60
GraphicsCore=D3D9
DistantImposters=True
LandscapeLightingQuality=VeryHigh
PlayerCrowdQuality=1.00
EnablePortraits=True
AlphaToCoverage=False
AnisotropicQuality=4
BloomIntensity=1.00
[Net]
ConnectionSpeed=0.00
ComputeUniquePort=False
BindInterface=
UserSpecifiedPort=0
[Misc]
TooltipDelay=0.30
TooltipEnable=True
[Input]
InvertMouseLookYAxis=False
PitchKeySpeed=60.00
TurnKeySpeed=150.00
MouseLookSmoothingAmount=0.00
MouseLookSensitivity=0.25
JoystickDeadZone=0.25
[Voice]
DevicePlayback={BD6DD71A-3DEB-11D1-B171-00C04FC20007}
HandsFree=False
DeviceCapture={BD6DD71B-3DEB-11D1-B171-00C04FC20001}
NetworkLatencyThresh=250
MicVolume=1.00
MicCaptureThreshold=0.10
VoiceVolume=1.00
[Display]
RefreshRate=Auto
Resolution=1440x900
AllowFakeFullScreen=True
FullScreen=True
TripleBuffering=False
SyncToRefresh=True
AllowWindowResizing=True
Antialiasing=6x
ConfineFullScreenMouseCursor=True
WindowedResolution=1152x864
AllowDesktopCompositing=False
[International]
UseIME=False
[Troubleshooting]
EngineSpeed=VeryHigh
MaximumFrameRate=121
[Camera]
AlignToSlope=False
ResetYawWhenPlayerMoves=False
[UI]
FloatyTextScale=1.00
FloatyTextOnTop=False

Aalwein 09-11-2007 12:56 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Tenebrous (Post 1812)
I am having the same problem. Im relatively experienced in installing ui's/mods and the instructions for installing lotro skins are very simple, however under ui settings/misc, there are no options for me to select in the dropdown menu.

this is an example of the file structure i have

C:\Program Files\Turbine\The Lord of the Rings Online\ui\skins\FenirWood

is there a place to enable uis that is not in current faqs? i have changed alot of settings under options prior to trying to load a skin.

It needs to be in the \my documents\Lord of the Rings Online\ui\skins\ for skins to work, not the folder with the game files.

As for the OP problem, I'm at a loss. LotRO is obviously aware of the settings folder because you have a pref file, so it should recognize that the skins folder is there as well. All I can say is doublecheck the directory structure within the skins themselves (some of them have subdirectories for images and such) and be sure there is a SkinDefinition.xml file in each skin subfolder. If all that is correct, it should be working in-game, so you might want to bug this in-game and seek assistance on the official tech support forums as you seem to have exhausted all the ideas here.

Cairenn 09-11-2007 02:46 PM

Yeah, I'm completely stumped at this point too. If it were a case of him running on Vista, I know that there are various problems with it and I know a couple things to suggest trying, but since he's running XP none of it applies. =/

Frosty 09-11-2007 04:23 PM

is your XP running English? or is it a foreign language version of windows. we have seen issues with Greek already (iirc) where the name of the "my documents" folder wasn't english and that was causing a problem...

-P

Rotorin 09-11-2007 06:54 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Frosty (Post 1819)
is your XP running English? or is it a foreign language version of windows. we have seen issues with Greek already (iirc) where the name of the "my documents" folder wasn't english and that was causing a problem...

-P

Helloy Frosty,

Yes, English. Is there anything else I should ck? I havent done a windows update in a while, but did not see any mention where I need the latest and greatest anything. However, at this point guess I should try it.

Reven 09-11-2007 07:12 PM

there is one trick you could try and that is making the UI you want to use the master UI thats done by loading the UI into the C:\Documents and Settings\Mine\My Documents\The Lord of the Rings Online\ui folder instead of the sub-folder "skins" if the UI still doesn't appear on your UI list after you start the game back up try the following more drastic measure.
nuke your UI folder and starting it again so your path would be
C:\Documents and Settings\Mine\My Documents\The Lord of the Rings Online\ui\skins\

then unzip the packaged UI of your choice into skins so your path looks like
C:\Documents and Settings\Mine\My Documents\The Lord of the Rings Online\ui\skins\uifoldername

now back into the C:\Documents and Settings\Mine\My Documents\The Lord of the Rings Online folder and find your settings INI and just delete it, let the game make a new one with the UI folder already loaded.

Rotorin 09-12-2007 08:13 PM

Okay, you wont belive this.

Reven, I followed your instructions, both first and the drastic measures with no avail. However, after moving usepref.ini and starting then exiting the game, I went back to C:\Documents and Settings\Me\My Documents\The Lord of the Rings Online\ and noticed that a new .ini was not created. So a light bulb went off, how can game run w/o one? So, I went to D:\The Lord of the Rings Online\ and found userpref.ini. Therefor I went I ahead and created a D:\The Lord of the Rings Online\ui\skins\nui(bossy ed.) directory and VIOLA it worked.

Definatly not per instructions, but it works. Now the only thing I can figure out, and I am not sure, is that this installation (if I remember correctly) is the same installation I've used since Alpha 5 in all its incarnations since then. The folder in \me\My Documents must be for that "other" version of the game.

How this happens I dont know, but it is the way it is. So, hope this helps others in the future.

Reven 09-12-2007 09:21 PM

weird it still keeps my INI in the screenshot folder (recent reinstall)

congratulations on getting it to work.