PDA

View Full Version : 3d profile picture slowly increases in size when zoning

andrewbroadway
05-05-2010, 08:33 PM
Does anyone else have this problem where each time I zone into somewhere different my 3d profile picture gets gradually bigger until it's HUGE in my screen!

Do you know what I am talking about or should I post a picture? This is my biggest problem. It happens with all custom user interfaces and on all my computers.

What is going on?!, please help.

EDIT: This happens with I press Alt+Enter as well.

Here is the screenshot:

http://www.rainsongmanchesters.net/lotro%20screenshot.jpg

daimon
05-06-2010, 04:50 AM
All your computers ?? huh

I have been asked about this issue from time to time. From my experience I know it only happens for a small portion of players who tries to use custom skins. The bug has been there from the beginning of the game.

It's always the player 3D portrait that that is bugged. Some have also reported it to shrink but usually it enlarges. I haven't heard that the same would had happened with the opponent's 3D portrait.

I am quite sure that the bug is somehow hardware related because only so few suffer from this. But as your all pc's have it that might indicate it's something else too, like some specific driver/software that causes this (you probably use basically all the same software/updates on your all computers). Perhaps you could list your graphic cards name here and maybe we could see a pattern if enough people does that.

I hope Frosty would notice this and pass it on to the devs who could possibly look in it further.

Last person who reported this to me had:
i have an ATI Raedon XT1950 with the latest Driver 10.2

The only solution I know is to disable 3D portraits from the game options if you want to keep using custom skins.

Deewe
05-06-2010, 11:05 AM
It does the same with my UI and Nvida graphics cards.

ICURUSS
05-06-2010, 04:35 PM
http://i14.photobucket.com/albums/a347/sonicring3/ScreenShot00185.jpg

Kinda like this LOL it stopped after i only had 1 interface installed i use daimon ui

JTollers
05-08-2010, 10:57 PM
Yes - this happens to me on 2 different computers, but Ithink I run Nviidia card on both.

Uthboth
05-08-2010, 11:38 PM
This doesn't bode well if more people end up with this bug. I would be nice if Frosty would poke in and give some thoughts. I understand that Turbine does not support 3rd party add-on, but it seems rather odd that this is happening.

Here's a thought. For the ones that are having this bug, did you install Lotro without the high res files? It looks like they're installed in the screen shots, but I thought I'd ask.

andrewbroadway
05-09-2010, 02:38 AM
Thanks for all the help!

---------------------------

I have the high res files installed with directx 10 textures turned on.

Both computers using Nvidia GTX 275 cards.

AMD X3 720 2.8GHz processor
Windows 7 64bit
4 GB RAM

Intel Quad Core 3.4Ghz
Windows XP 32bit SP3
2 GB RAM

Sigibald
05-09-2010, 10:54 PM
Does doing a /ui layout load <name> reset the 3D portrait to its correct size?

daimon
05-12-2010, 06:26 AM
Kinda like this LOL it stopped after i only had 1 interface installed i use daimon ui

So. It has not happened to you since you removed all other skins ?
My skin has actually 3 active skins when you install it, did you also remove those other two ?

makadam
05-12-2010, 09:35 AM
i have the opposite problem :D .

Using the Damion mini 1680w

But my 3dprofile pic goes so smal i cant target myself anymore .

only problem i have with this is when im going to leave a group or something . since i cant take target of myself and leave group :D

//Maka

Wicked Mouse
05-12-2010, 10:42 AM
You should be able to right click on your vitals. If you insist on selecting yourself, you can do that by pressing the "\" key (default on US layout). :)

makadam
05-12-2010, 11:20 AM
yes i know . but you have to right click the picture to get up the menu for leave etc . and since the pic is gone , you cannot get the meny .

after i dissable the 3d picture under the advanced grafiks options itīs working again.

//maka

Frosty
05-18-2010, 12:17 PM
Poof! And here I am.

Is the 3D portrait scaled in the viewport (i.e. the options panel scaling of the portrait) ?

I can envision a skin not reacting well to the sub-items being scaled. A floating point error could creep into the calculation and progressively make the portrait larger and larger (or smaller and smaller).

Does this happen in large increments or does it slowly happen over time? What method do you use to fix the problem once it has occurred?

-P

daimon
05-18-2010, 06:48 PM
yay ze savior is here. I almost thought you were a goner, Frosty ^^

I can give you some theorized answers as I haven't suffered the bug myself but I have heard a lot about it.

My guess is that it would happen with the skins that modify ID_UISkin_AvatarPanel and ID_UISkin_OpponentPanel elements. Even if the 3d portraits would be left on default values, I think it's enough if the tags are there unmodified. But I'm not sure about this because I know some other skins have this issue as well and I can't recall if they have the above tags in their code.

I am 100% sure thought that this will happen even if the sub items aren't scaled as I don't think there isn't another skin here that have scaled the 3d portraits. Happens with my main skin too and in that I haven't scaled the portrait .. but the code is there in the skindefinition.xml - with default values.

What I have heard it happens when you zone from one area to another ie when you have a loading screen shown (can be like zoning Bree > Prancing Pony).

Logging out and back in resets the portrait to it's original size.

The above is only what I have learned from the people. Maybe someone who is suffering about this will hopefully reply and clarify it to you.

And as I said somewhere already.. this isn't a new thing. I have heard about it for years now but lately there has been a lot more reports about it.

Deewe
05-24-2010, 01:55 PM
Hi Frosty,

My sub ran out so I can't really test now, so from my memories I don't think I scaled the vitals.

Also from my experience the vitals never increase but always decrease in size. I have to agree it seems related to loading/zoning.

I think the size would decrease then after the first one it will continue decreasing incrementally by, I would say, the same %. This once in a while until we log off and so the UI resets.

I checked my layout and here the entires that might be related:

<Option Name="AvatarVitalsUIScale" Value="1.001493"/>
<Option Name="OpponentVitalUIScale" Value="1.001493"/>

<Layout ID="0x22000033">
<Element Height="0.171598" ID="AvatarPanel" Width="0.167668" X="0.465445" Y="0.752959"/>
<Element Height="0.171598" ID="OpponentPanel" Width="0.170072" X="0.363882" Y="0.752959"/>

If you want to test out on your side I play with my Yessh UI (http://www.lotrointerface.com/downloads/info299-Yessh.html) in 1680*1050.

I would be glad to provide you my complete ui.layout file if you need it. Just PM me with an email address.

P.S. Nice to see you around and please feel free to bug the right people so we can have a hotkey mouse look toggle ;)

Kijan
06-12-2010, 12:38 AM
Hi
I downloaded this, too. On all my chars it works like a charm^^
but only on one char the portrait rise ... i dont get it smaller ... only by zooming the health bar in and out ... but i dont get it on the right size...
But like i said only at one char... i tested it at 6 chars and 1 monstergame char