PDA

View Full Version : Need help with XP Level Meter

cowgod
04-29-2022, 11:41 AM
Hello,

I am trying to modify the skin JRR Azure Glass. I'm using the basic toolbar from that skin pack, but I want to show the text in the XP bar the same way the default skin does (such as "Level 5 - 2005/5000").

I am pretty sure the XML I need to modify is in this block of XML:

<Element ID="LevelMeter" X="1" Y="119" Width="841" Height="13">
<Element ID="LevelMeterFill" X="5" Y="7" Width="831" Height="8">
<Element ID="LevelMeter_BonusMeter" X="0" Y="0" Width="831" Height="8"></Element>
</Element>
<Element ID="ToolbarButton_LevelUpXP_TutorialHighlight" X="0" Y="1" Width="1" Height="1"></Element>
<Element ID="ToolbarButton_Experience_TutorialHighlight" X="0" Y="1" Width="1" Height="1"></Element>
<Element ID="LevelMeterText" X="1" Y="1" Width="1" Height="1"></Element>
</Element>

I have tried using all kinds of different values for the "LevelMeterText" element, but nothing I do seems to make it show up. Is this the right value to modify, and why isn't it working? Can anyone help out?

cowgod
04-29-2022, 12:25 PM
I was able to get the text to show up. I didn't realize the width had to span the entire toolbar width.

<Element ID="LevelMeter" X="1" Y="119" Width="841" Height="13">
<Element ID="LevelMeterFill" X="5" Y="7" Width="831" Height="8">
<Element ID="LevelMeter_BonusMeter" X="0" Y="0" Width="831" Height="8"></Element>
</Element>
<Element ID="ToolbarButton_LevelUpXP_TutorialHighlight" X="0" Y="1" Width="1" Height="1"></Element>
<Element ID="ToolbarButton_Experience_TutorialHighlight" X="0" Y="1" Width="1" Height="1"></Element>
<Element ID="LevelMeterText" X="3" Y="1" Width="837" Height="15"></Element>
</Element>

cowgod
04-29-2022, 12:41 PM
I have a new problem. I'm trying to make the background the same as the default XP bar. By default the JRR Azure Blue makes your earned XP a blueish color instead of the normal yellow. I'm trying to change it back to yellow.

I copied all the default xpbar_* tga files from the default skinpack into the appropriate place, and added definitions for them in the XML file:

<Mapping ArtAssetID="xpbar_blue_fill" FileName="..\toolbar\xpbar_blue_fill.tga"></Mapping>
<Mapping ArtAssetID="xpbar_bonus_fill" FileName="..\toolbar\xpbar_bonus_fill.tga"></Mapping>
<Mapping ArtAssetID="xpbar_bonus_suppresed_fill" FileName="..\toolbar\xpbar_bonus_suppresed_fill.tga"></Mapping>
<Mapping ArtAssetID="xpbar_bonusamount_fill" FileName="..\toolbar\xpbar_bonusamount_fill.tga"></Mapping>
<Mapping ArtAssetID="xpbar_purchasedbonusamount_fill" FileName="..\toolbar\xpbar_purchasedbonusamount_fill.tga"></Mapping>
<Mapping ArtAssetID="xpbar_suppressed" FileName="..\toolbar\xpbar_suppressed.tga"></Mapping>
<Mapping ArtAssetID="mount_xp_meter_full" FileName="..\toolbar\mount_xp_meter_full.tga"></Mapping>

All of the files show up correctly, except that blue is still being overlayed on top of the yellow. Does anyone know what is causing this?

Adra
04-30-2022, 06:59 AM
Hi, just delete this line

<Mapping ArtAssetID="letterbox_bottom_glass_overlay" FileName="toolbar\letterbox_bottom_glass_overlay.tga"></Mapping>

cowgod
04-30-2022, 08:24 AM
Thank you!

Adra
04-30-2022, 08:36 AM
You're welcome :)