PDA

View Full Version : Fishing, Markets & Housing

Reven
08-14-2007, 02:02 AM
I've a fear of posting on official forums for games ( goes back to early EQ1 ) so for the few loyal who visit this site daily here are a few ideas maybe someone could bounce back to the official forums.

Make Fishing a trait.. that way everyone can have it and no one has to redo their crafting vocations (which are horribly setup in the first place)

Copy&Paste the market system from EVE online, that has to be the best system in any MMO or Internet Spaceship Game.. Being able to track the price of an item over a long period of time is a good thing.

Housing.. ok Instanced Neighborhoods are a good idea... but how about expanding the hunter campfire ability to include a small one man tent... maybe a wooden stool or log to sit on even, plus allow the timer for the regeneration bonus to run out like normal but keep the crafting station up for another 7 minutes. In short change it to make it more immersing which LoTRO sorely lacks right now.

~Edit~ the ignore list could also render the person ignored invisible to the client that is ignoring them.

Kuvasie
08-14-2007, 02:54 AM
.... the ignore list could also render the person ignored invisible to the client that is ignoring them. The ignore suggestion is hilarous. Could be useful. I have to wonder who made you wish you had this feature? ROFL.

Kuv

Aalwein
08-14-2007, 09:12 AM
I can't wait for housing. I've always been the type to waste tons of money making my home as extravagant as possible. My EQ2 house was awesome. I hope with the instanced neighborhoods they plan we get to decorate outside our home, too! I watch way too much TLC and HGTV - Flip That House ftw!

Reven
08-16-2007, 12:37 AM
The ignore suggestion is hilarous. Could be useful. I have to wonder who made you wish you had this feature? ROFL.

Kuv

it wasn't anything anyone did (maybe gold farmers) but more thinking back to the days of the EQ1 Bazaar where you could cloak MPC(merchant player characters) to reduce lag..

I thought about this more and I think it might also be a good idea to allow players to cloak creatures that are gray and no longer KOS to players, this would furthur reduce client side lag I believe.

Kuvasie
08-16-2007, 09:56 AM
it wasn't anything anyone did (maybe gold farmers) but more thinking back to the days of the EQ1 Bazaar where you could cloak MPC(merchant player characters) to reduce lag...
Wow, I haven't thought of the EQ bazaar in ages and you are right that feature was really handy.

Kuv